Would the following ideas/concepts break ROBLOX TOS?

I’m about to begin work on a game, but before I do, I want to know if any of the following would go against ROBLOX TOS, such as gambling:

1. In my game, it would be round-based. Rounds would continue until one person (or no one) is left. If you won a round, you would 10 points, and if you lost a round, you would lose 5-7 points, as long as you had the points to lose.
    If you lost a round, you could spend these points to get back into the game. Players could buy 15-20 or more points with robux if they had none at all, but they would still lose 5-8 points if they lost a round.

2. At the beginning of each game, players could place “bets” on who they think will win the game. Players could place a “bet” up to however many points they had at the time of the game starting. If they lost the “bet,” they wouldn’t lose any points, they would get all the points if they won the “bet” though.

Roblox anti-gambling rules state that gambling(well, in this sense) must be done with currency you cannot purchase with Robux. If the currency can’t be bought with Robux, it’s fine.

Is it really gambling though? You cannot lose points in that, you can only win them. I am also not sure if I would add that to the game for reasons other than it potentially being against TOS

I’m more concerned if #1 falls under “gambling”

Idea 1 seems perfectly fine to me. Idea 2 doesn’t seem fine, though, due to the fact it involves gambling with something that can be obtained from Robux. Doesn’t matter to Roblox if it’s a betting system where you can’t necessarily lose, it’s still gambling. Gambling like lootboxes are allowed because you can’t lose, but in your example, it seems you could lose by receiving nothing. I’d just play it safe and abandon idea 2, but you can take your chances; just don’t say no one warned you

1 Like

I’ll probably ditch idea 2 then. I’m not sure if I could fit it into the game anyway.
However there could be a dual currency that can’t be obtained with robux that would fund things like temporary multipliers etc. for receiving the points that can be bought with robux

1 Like

Betting is questionable but (mostly) allowed.

However you are not allowed to have betting with any currency that can be bought with Robux. It’d only be allowed if the currency is exclusively earned.

Personally I’d try to avoid gambling in your game either way, since it’s a touchy grey area subject rules wise regardless, and it’d be safest to not be that risky. (Plus a bad idea to get kids into gambling)

1 Like