Would these GFX look good on a portfolio for a GFX artist?

I recently started doing GFX and I am planning on selling it soon. Would these look good on a portfolio? Also, how much could they potentially sell for? Any feedback would be appreciated! (I did these as practice)
tangygreenfalcon01 GFX JxdiRiot GFX SlnMorningstar GFX

11 Likes

In my opinion they do not look that good, they have a low resolution. the lighting is very plain. and the background is the same in every single one.

Id recommend you watch some tutorials. (Lighting, Roblox GFX)

What software did you use?

4 Likes

I took screen shots in 3d view and removed the background and replaced it with the template I made. What resolution would be the best for making GFX?

2 Likes

GFX will look way better made in software where you can render (Blender, Cinema4D). This is because the lighting will actually be calculated properly. You could also import/model a background instead of an image.

1 Like

I absolutely would have a go at doing some in Blender, it’s a little more work but the results are excellent.

2 Likes

A good portfolio is one that is very diverse and can effectively showcase your unique artistic skills and capabilities to potential clients. The three images you have shown are quite limited in showcasing your skillset as they all use the same background and similar poses with the only notable changes being the lighting and colouration.

If I’m a potential client, I could interpret the artist of this portfolio as being very generic and perhaps lacking a bit of creativity. I would definitely like to see a little more thinking outside of the box and perhaps taking an unconventional approach. Keep in mind there’s thousands (if not more) art portfolios and you’ll want to find ways to stand out from everyone else (e.g., why should a potential client pick you over another artist).

As for price, a lot of the artists I know charge USD or some form of real world currency. I’m not really informed on robux prices nowdays, but I would think maybe 100-250R as a start?

4 Likes

Wait, people use Blender for GFX? I still use painting programs like ibisPaint X or Krita.

2 Likes

Yup, Blender is commonly used for rigging, rendering, and 3D modeling for Roblox GFX especially since it’s free while other similar programs like C4D are not.

As someone who has used it in the past, it definitely takes some time to learn and get comfortable with the program.

4 Likes

Nice! Painting is cool and you can can make good GFX painting.

Yes, most people use blender for 3d Renders and then they will use programs like photoshop to edit it! Sometimes also using painting. A mix is the ultimate combination!

1 Like

Good start, but there is no shadow, so it lacks depth. I recommend blender because it’s relatively easy on computers and you can play with lighting + shading. What I notice is they have virtually the same background with almost no difference. So maybe you could make different templates for each one?

1 Like