Would this game idea be considered against the new Community Standards?

Hi there,

I currently have come up with a great Roblox game idea, but have run into a bit of trouble. Due to the vague Community Standards, I am unsure on whether the game is not allowed.

The game idea:

The game idea is that every round you would be put into a map with lasers etc. which you’d have to avoid to get to the end and ‘steal’ the gem. However number 8 of the community standards prohibits the discussion or depict people breaking laws:

Illegal and Regulated Activities
We prohibit users from discussing, depicting, or promoting illegal or highly-regulated activities. You also may not encourage others to violate their local laws, or do so yourself. These activities include:

• Illegal drugs, including marijuana and the misuse of prescription drugs
  • Drug paraphernalia, including pills, syringes, and pipes
  • Alcohol, including references to or depictions of drunkenness
  • Tobacco, including e-cigarettes, e-liquid, vapes, hookas, and other smokable products
  • Bomb- and weapon-making in the real world

While we allow the portrayal of gambling in experiences, no real money, Robux, or anything that can become real money or Robux, may be exchanged in these experiences. We also require that the odds of winning be fair and not skewed in the developer’s favor.

However, the rules never say if ‘stealing’ in-game items (which have no real world value), is allowed or not.

I’m just questioning, whether this is allowed or not?

No, you’re fine. The rules aren’t that strict.

4 Likes

If the rules were that strict, I’d stop developing it’s so outrageous!

Murder is against the law too but almost every game has killing, your fine.

3 Likes