Would this type of investment be allowed on Roblox?

Would this type of investment be allowed on Roblox? - I’m making a game where users can buy Developer Products (their decision if they want to buy it or not) through a notification system so they go directly to the group owner and then let’s say 20% of that would be given to the person in need for it and 10% would be given to the buyer through Group Payouts.

Basically, helping developers invest.

Would this be allowed?

No, two issues with that, though not limited to these two.

• No official system for this. Roblox can’t guarantee that you’re giving what you’re promising. Situations like this are recognised as scams regardless of your intentions and can result in either or both the loss of your account and eligibility to participate in DevEx.

• Investments are pretty strongly looked down upon. Investment had to be banned from the Developer Forum before because they were getting out of hand.

I will be completely honest but this sounds very close to a pyramid scheme, a “help me help you” situation. That itself is already pretty dangerous and - at least to me - morally corrupt. There’s no guarantee you’ll hold your end, and even then it’s only 30% of the purchase. That other 70% is still going to you, whether it sits in the group or you make off with it.

3 Likes

Thank you for the information. I will approach a different method which is much safer and wouldn’t have the risks.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.