Would this union cause or reduce lag?

I know that some unions increase lag while some unions reduce lag. From my personal experience, all unions have done is increase lag. I have a question about this union I made.

On the left you have the union and on the right you have what I did to make it.

Would this specific union cause lag?

Would this specific union cause lag?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

2 Likes

Unions barely cause any lag if used right. Just don’t overdo them. They won’t cause lag but will cause some collission issues.

1 Like

What if that specific union was used about 3,200 times?

1 Like

For my computer (a GTX 1660 Super with a Ryzen 3700X and 16 GB ram) it gave me a solid 60 FPS on an almost flat baseplate while using that amount had almost no lag and my GPU/RAM usage was fine. But I would recommend NOT using 3,200 of that union. It’s better to use meshes then. If you don’t know how to model then I can help you on that.

1 Like

Okay that’s wild use a 3D modeling software at that point

2 Likes

A simple union like this woudn’t cause lag, but you can reproduce this shape in blender within 2 minutes and gain a few verticle optimisation

1 Like

like @Crazedbrick1 and @Temateite said, just use blender or something
but if you are going to use unions make sure to set their collision fidelity to Box unless it NEEDS to be preciseconvex
also im pretty sure unions will only cause lag if they’re made up of like 20+ parts, but at that point just use blender

1 Like