Would you click on these advertisements?

The cutesy art style fits well for Farming Adventures, SCP Roleplay, and Atlantis Tycoon. The Army ads does’t really work because for a topic involving soldiers, guns, tanks, wars, etc it looks too soft. It should look more badass, serious, heroic, and patriotic. Make it like a propaganda slogan (wait Im I allowed to suggest that?).

Farming Adventure is the best out of the three.

1. I feel like I got a vague but good idea of what this game is.

SCP Roleplay comes second.

1. It sends a clear message of what’s new.
  2. But I didn’t know what game it’s advertising until I looked longer and saw the bottom text.
  3. It needs to show what game it’s coming from.

Atlantis Tycoon come in last.

1. It has the best art out of all 6 of the ads.
  2. But I have no idea what the game is about.
2 Likes

Those are really cool advertisements!! It looks like you have put a lot of effort into them! I would click on the 1st and 2nd advertisements. Continue the amazing work! :happy3:

1 Like

Haha yeah, I was surprised when I got reached out by a military group as well. It doesn’t hurt to try something new although I do know the limits to my art style and skill for now. Thank you for your feedback on the three ads. I do understand my advertisement drawings don’t seem to be able to visualize what playing their game or being in their group would be like but I focused the most on detail and accuracy when drawing to make their ads look like what their game looks like :]

1 Like

Thank you so much! :hidere: seems like the 2nd is everyone’s favorite haha.

1 Like

For the SCP Roleplay ad, showing gameplay isn’t that necessary because the goal is to show what’s new for the game. It’s mainly going to attract the players who already play it. The only problem is that I didn’t know what game it came from because the name is at the bottom of the ad.

For the army ads you are mostly advertising for a group so gameplay is also not that necessary. My main gripe are the chosen colours that make the art look soft not the art itself.
I would use strong contrasts of dark shadows and bright light to emphasise the serious nature of a military. The drill instructor it look like he is in a forrest so I would use a dark shadow from the tree above him and allow some very bright light from the sun. The second one I would give him a concentrated and more cautious face and colour most of the background dark and allow some light to touch his face.

While writing this I realised that you can have military ads cover different tones. Some examples are an ad that is mundane and an ad that is fun. For a mundane ad just show soldiers doing or practicing military operations like patrolling. For a fun ad show soldiers being absolute bros to one another or soldiers pranking each other. These are just the ideas that pop up in my mind I’m sure there is more.

If you want your ads to be accurate to gameplay I would suggest to go to the game and play it for a bit. The goal is to capture the core gameplay or in other words what the player will mostly experience when playing the game. Then translate that to an ad.
For example I checked out what Farming Adventures is about, played for a few minutes and walked around the map looking what other players have done. I found that the core gameplay is planting and selling fruits and vegetables, building your farm, and hiring workers to help you. If you draw with these elements your ad will tell an accurate information of the game and show off it’s interesting aspects that set it apart form other farm games.

Note that finding the core gameplay will require different steps depending on the game’s genre.

1 Like

Thank you for the long feedback! Yes, I did enter and review games I had to draw ads for if there was a game, I believe Atlantis Tycoon is still in development so I haven’t been able to check out their game. I do work with clients and ask them to show in-game buildings and assets so I can draw them as accurately as possible. Other than that I have to agree with everything you’ve said, it is important to use art as a way to create an atmosphere and a mood and I completely agree with you on that. As far as experimenting with lighting and shadows for the military ads I agree with you as well, although these shadows weren’t required or specifically asked for by the client it is important to experiment and show different possibilities and ways to elevate the artwork.

Again thank you for your long and lovely feedback, I appreciate it very much :hidere:

1 Like

I think the advertisement that will attract more clicks is the second one. Even the name is cool

1 Like

Thank you and thank you for your opinion! Glad you like the ad :hidere:

I would click on all but the first one. (I like the second one and the bottom one best)

1 Like

I rarely click ads, but I think they all look nice.
Second one is my favorite

1 Like

I don’t click on ads much, if I do I’m probably gonna click the first or second one, though they all look good.

1 Like

I almost never click on ads, but they all look pretty nice in my opinion.

1 Like

the one id actually click on (considering i dont care about advertisements) is the sideways farming adventures ad, its just too perfect to be ignored