Would you play a Jumping Simulator?

Ok, so I recently made a GFX, I was planning on making it for my Pfp on twitter, discord, etc. And I made it jump, and it gave me a idea. Jumping simulator!
And I want to make a professional game. I am going to plan to spend some of my own money on this project.
But the issue is, I don’t know if a regular player would play it.
I know that Simulators are kind of cash grabby, but still, they bring in cash.
They idea will be like most simulators but you jump. And you can buy items to make you jump higher.
So my question is, do you think a regular player would play this game?

Would You Play?
  • Yes
  • No
  • Maybe

0 voters

5 Likes

I think if you make it interactive and the cash grabs are not very noticeable I would certainly play it!

also,
decently scripted and then don’t make colors hurt your eyes and design and stuff.

–X

1 Like

I think with how simulators are currently dominating the front page (sadly), it’ll most likely have regular players playing the game frequently

1 Like

There are simulators which increase jumping as a secondary skill. If you want your simulator to stand out, I reckon you do something unique with the jumping.

1 Like

A lot of simulators already have this going simultaneously with their game’s main aspect. For example, island climbers are a genre of simulators that have the player jump to unlock more content.

To attract players, each game must have something unique, if your game is about jumping, do something like:

While the player is in the air - An animation will be played …
Many animations and jumping styles
of course, it can be a jump simulator, but putting some platforms and levels would not be so bad …
Don’t let users stay only in one place wandering, like a Lobby, I’ve seen many simulators that you only have in one place, so expanding the map would be good …

Even though there are many types of games like this, if you add some different aspects and content, it will probably draw a bit more attention, that’s what I think …

2 Likes

I think is cool idea…
Thats original

This is extremely similar to a already made game idea with the basic mechanics and concept; Jumping Legends. The game loop to me sounds like any known simulator out there where you upgrade or buy items to jump even higher and higher to a density. The only difference is that your game idea has simple mechanics and not much unique elements.

As for the question some players might take the option to play your game, It should be interesting and attractive to players that want to play a game like this. If you plan on staying to your original game idea try to make it stand out from existing known simulators out there. Meaning try thinking of other unique things you could add within the game loop.

If it just has a plain gameplay it won’t really gain much interest add proper mechanics - features elements. Try and brainstorm ideas, and see what other games don’t have and see what you can do to gather interest and develop a ‘unique simulator game’.

1 Like