Would you play this?

I am currently working on a game. I (believe) this has never been done before and is original to the platform. The idea I have is similar to this game: Paper Mario 64.

Singleplayer

The idea is basically you go around fighting other characters, like noobs, you can also construct your own base with a simple grid building system. As you level up in the game, you can use your XP to get more health, gain more coins, or use super attacks more often.

Coins can be used to buy items in local shops around the game. These items will help you defeat the characters that you go against. You will also be able to collect multiple badges and secrets around the game. Lastly, there will be a global trading system where you can trade items for coins, or vice versa with other players or NPCS. Now the ending? Not too sure yet.

Multiplayer

Multiplayer has the same general idea, but you can attack characters with your friends and beat the game with them.

Duels

Duels has a different idea; instead of going against different characters, you can go against any player. The game will try to find a player as a similar level as you so it’s not too hard! When you win a battle against a player, they will drop some of their loot. (Only if the player is a similar level as you, so it’s not too overpowered)

And that’s really it, I would like to wrap this post up. Please give honest feedback! Thank you!

Does this have some sort of potential?
  • Yes, Definitely!
  • Maybe, needs something else… (reply)
  • No, this is not a good idea… (Why?)

0 voters

Would you personally play this?
  • Yes 100%.
  • Maybe.
  • No.

0 voters

Out of 10, how good is this idea of mine?

0 voters

Thank you for reading!

1 Like

Is there a shop for skins or super attacks? And if there is, is it like a crate system?

No, super attacks will be unlocked as you progress through the game, for example when you advance to a new area. Also, I don’t think there will be skins and your skin will be your avatar, but this could be a feature. And no, no crate systems. I’d rather keep it simple and not randomized, but again, maybe something else could be added for this.

1 Like

Thank goodness there are no crate systems

Is there a group linked? If there is, you could have chat tags For the ranks in your group people can earn. For example, im a “visitor” in your group, I have [Visitor] beside my name

Or if chat is disabled, nvm

1 Like

Chat will be disabled to prevent toxicity. I will have it enabled in multiplayer though, because multiplayer is friends only. Also tags for multiplayer will be like: [Player 1], [Player 2] etc. (4 players max)

1 Like

I don’t really have an opinion on the idea, what matters more is the execution of the idea. Any idea can be good if the execution is good aswell. Take a look at Sonic, which is a game about a hedgehog running and collecting rings. Is it a good idea? Is it a bad idea? Neither. What mattered the most is its execution, with pleasant visuals and a somewhat fun gameplay.

Your idea does have some potential considering that it probably hasn’t been seen something really similar on the platform, although I doubt you’ll be able to finish it in less than a year unless you have a big team doing it.

2 Likes

this sounds super cool! i would definitely play it. also what are the players going to fight with? maybe there can be different types of weapons kind of like Dungeon Quest.

in games with trading i often find that people will give other people OP things and it kinda ruins the experience.

1 Like

There will be different weapons. Again, you will unlock these as you progress throughout the game and characters become harder to kill. The first default power you will receive in the game is “stomp” and then “super stomp” when you unlock it.

I haven’t really thought about that. But I think you’re right, I might just not have trading with other players and instead just NPCS

1 Like

alright thanks for clearing that up.

for the trading you could have it so that you would have to reach a certain level to use the things you get.

1 Like