WW1 Strategy Game (Opinions needed)

Hey, I’m going to keep this post pretty short and simple. I’ve been working on a WW1 map domination game for a while and I need opinions on what I have so far. Thanks for reading! (please note the game is nowhere near complete, just need your thoughts on what I can improve so far on any of the currently completed portions)

Here’s the Game link,
Blood & Valor

5 Likes

This is great!!

Keep up the great work!!!

3 Likes

GUI is great. A free-cam system like the one Rise of Nations has (but adapted for a 2D map style) would be very cool.

3 Likes

The foundation looks alright with the provinces and GUIs but atm there doesnt seem to be any gameplay mechanics at all, so there isn’t much to give feedback on. Also I ran into a bug while playing, where I walked off the land cubes you placed and couldnt select provinces anymore, even after resetting, although the walking off definitely might not be the cause.

3 Likes

If you happened to select any of the Humanoids at all that would have been why, didn’t set it up to differentiate between the “armies” and “provinces” yet so it just causes the entire script to error and to stop working. Thanks for your feedback.

2 Likes

What do I do?

The gui is alright but there is no gameplay?

(please note the game is nowhere near complete, just need your thoughts on what I can improve so far on any of the currently completed portions)

^ Just a reminder.

3 Likes

Yeah but you never specifically said no game functions.

What you’ve gotten done looks great! I’m personally a little excited to see the finished product, because I’m a sucker for strategy games. Anyway, the GUI looks great, and the use of provinces instead of pixel-by-pixel painting is better than most RTS games on Roblox. It is a bare-bones prototype so I can’t give much feedback other than that. Keep up the good work!

2 Likes