WW2 like Air Strike System (OPEN SOURCE)

Hey guys I have another thing that I scripted that I want to show you.

Download it here if you don’t want to here the stuff below

Its an airstrike system that I made for a game. Since I haven’t seen anyone making an airstrike system on the marketplace I might as well put mine here. Once put into the workspace open the folder and follow the instructions in the QUICK INSTALL READ ME script

Here is a sample of what the customization is like in a module

Sample of the server configuration this is also compatible with the ACA and timer based siren systems I see in the marketplace

local mod
local config = {
	MaxStrikeCount=4,
	BlastSize=80,
	BlastHeight=100,
	ShockwaveSize=80*4,-- Shockwave is 4 times larger than the blast size
	RankLocked={
		Enabled=false,----Sets people who can fire airstikes based on groupID
		WhiteListedGroups={
			[5937905]=245 ---Format: [GroupId]=RankId This will set permission to anyone who is or greater or less than the rank number
		}
	},
	CoolDown={
		Enabled=true,
		Time=50
	},
	ExplosionSoundId=7405939280,
	PlaneSpeed=290, -- Studs Per second
	DelayTime=2, --- How long it takes for a plane to spawn for each strike
	TimeTillPlaneComes=5,-- Bassicly sirens go off before the plane comes or something like that
	PlaneHeight=180,-- How high the plane drops the bombs
	TeamKilling=true, --- Freindily Fire Basicly 
	RemoveParticle=function()
		workspace["ExplosionParticle"]:Destroy()
	end,
}
mod=config
return config

Here’s a video of it in action it didn’t kill me because I wasn’t near it. Its a steamable link
idk why its not showing you might need to download it. 44mb in size

External Media

Again link to the model

17 Likes

from the video that you posted im left speechless :exploding_head:

2 Likes

Looks pretty cool, UI could use some work but otherwise great job!

2 Likes

Ik when it comes to UI design I’m terrible

1 Like

Why is it true by default?

You should make the UI better. I have a gradient you should try putting on it.
goodGradient2.rbxm (619 Bytes)

1 Like

Effects are quite clean, so great job on that!

UI could be improved, however. Perhaps place some UICorners, and play around with the Text fonts.

3 Likes

The reason why team killing is true by default is because it gives it realism also I wanted to test it on my own. Also I used the gradient now the buttons look like an actual button

1 Like

What fonts would you recommend

2 Likes

Maybe something like Arcade - it gives the look and feel of it being like an actual tool Players can use to call air strikes.

3 Likes

could you posbly add a carpet bombing option and the option to select a diffrent aircraft model

2 Likes

Few tips on the UI:

• Use UITextSizeConstraints to even out the text sizes so it’s not all over the place (like the text size diff between “Position” and “Strikes Left”).

• It looks like your boxes & labels (at least the last one) are a little off:

• On the “Undo Placed Marker”, don’t have the gradient set up to have it darkest in the middle. It makes it really hard to read the text.

• Maybe have more “margining” around the “Fire” & “Undo Placed Marker” buttons, as right now due to the UICorner, there are weird little gaps around them:

While you can always improve, this should get you started in the right direction! UI is all opinion, so ignore what you think is dumb, and take what you see as valuable :wink:

3 Likes

That’s pretty cool man :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

2 Likes

The earlier gradient design is not as dark in the middle and is more suitable.
goodGradient.rbxm (620 Bytes)

2 Likes

To make carpet bombing increase the number of strikes and the planes speed and decrease the delay therefore you will have more bombings that happen faster. I will try to make a carpet bombing option in the future but right now they fire one bomb. Here is a config for carpet bombing. Also making a new plane model is easy all you do is make a model called Plane and in that make a model called BodyKit then put the plane parts and the Hull in the BodyKit and set the Planes models PrimaryPart. Then finally put the stuff from Plane Scripts in the Plane model. I build a custom soviet Plane just put it in ServerScriptService.Objects and replace the orginal plane with the soviet one. Note that I forgot to put the propeller spinning decal in. Note the Plane Scripts are alredy in the soviet plane model.
SovietPlane.rbxm (36.2 KB)
PlaneScripts.rbxm (3.5 KB)

local mod
local config = {
	MaxStrikeCount=20,
	BlastSize=80,
	BlastHeight=100,
	ShockwaveSize=80*4,-- Shockwave is 4 times larger than the blast size
	RankLocked={
		Enabled=false,----Sets people who can fire airstikes based on groupID
		WhiteListedGroups={
			[5937905]=245 ---Format: [GroupId]=RankId This will set permission to anyone who is or greater or less than the rank number
		}
	},
	CoolDown={
		Enabled=true,
		Time=50
	},
	ExplosionSoundId=7405939280,
	PlaneSpeed=500, -- Studs Per second
	DelayTime=1, --- How long it takes for a plane to spawn for each strike
	TimeTillPlaneComes=5,-- Bassicly sirens go off before the plane comes or something like that
	PlaneHeight=180,-- How high the plane drops the bombs
	TeamKilling=true, --- Freindily Fire Basicly 
	RemoveParticle=function()
		workspace["ExplosionParticle"]:Destroy()
	end,
}
mod=config
return config
2 Likes

Thank you for all your suggestions I’ll think about it. I kinda want this to have more views I’m currently looking for a big roblox game to hire me lol I think this system is great for war programmers

2 Likes

I updated that with the rest of the model with the UITextSizeConstraints I’m not really good at UI design

Airstrike System

Also guys this system is Siren compatible specifically these types of Sirens

Siren.rbxm (548.4 KB)