Xbox Developer Console - Close Button Un-Reachable

Xbox Developer Console Issue

The close button (“X”) on the top right of the developer console is impossible to get to/reach with your highlighter.

Specifics

Highlighting the developer console and moving the navigation pad to the right brings you to the Client Memory Usage, moving right can get you to the [X]ms (ping) but moving right again brings you down to ActionBindings.

This bugs occur on every Xbox game I play that I have editing permission, as this seems to be the requirement for the developer console. I was only aware of them when I started testing today, April 16th.

Reproduction Steps:

1. Join a game on Xbox that you have editing permission/can open the developer console.
  2. Open the menu, then click settings. Navigate down to the developer console and press open.
  3. Move your highlighter around and try to click on the X in the top right. You will find that you cant reach it.

This bug can be reproduced 100% of the time, in any Xbox game that you have access to the developer console in.

4 Likes

Bump, this issue still happens at the moment and you have to use the menu button to close it as you have no other way.

Meanwhile it isn’t a huge problem, it could be confusing for some people

2 Likes

This seems to still be an issue, but only on the first attempt to open the dev-console.
After my first attempt to open the dev console, I pressed the ‘menu button’ and then re-opened the dev console. This time navigating to the close button was fine.

Minor issue, but confusing. (as Xfire472 said)