Xbox Developer Console Issue
Highlighter/Selector (not sure if there is a official name for it) can be onto UI elements (as well as core UI’s such as player list), causing the highlighter to be stuck on UI’s and not be able to get back into the developer console unless you close and re-open it.
Clicking the player list will cause your highlighter to exit the developer console and enter in CoreUI’s, but the developer console stays open. After closing the player list/leaderboard your highlighter can move to all of the UI’s but can not get back to the open developer console.
This bugs occur on every Xbox game I play that I have editing permission, as this seems to be the requirement for the developer console. I was only aware of them when I started testing today, April 16th.
- Join a game on Xbox that you have editing permission/can open the developer console.
- Open the menu, then click settings. Navigate down to the developer console and press open.
- Move your highlighter into the general frame (where you see output if you are in the Log tab).
- Move your navigation pad up so that it is highlighting your player name (+ stats if applicable). Click A to open and B to close.
- Click the change view button (left of the menu button) and move your ‘highlighter’ around. You are moving between UI elements while the developer console is still open.
This bug can be reproduced 100% of the time, although it requires the default player list to be enabled (or possibly a UI button at roughly the same Y position.