Xbox Leaderboard not Disabled for SetCoreGuiEnabled

On the Xbox it shows a leaderstat UI despite that I am using

StarterGui:SetCoreGuiEnabled(Enum.CoreGuiType.PlayerList, false)

On PC the leaderboard is disabled as it should be.

This is forced due to an Xbox guideline and will not be fixed.

Should be documented on the hub in that case, because it is unexpected behavior.

What’s the reasoning behind the guideline? Maybe we should have a “StarterGui:GetCoreGuiActuallyEnabled” so that we can check for this unexpected case in a future-proof way. :grimacing:

5 Likes

It doesn’t even act as something for showing players, it’s like a Cash value in leaderstats for example, and it only shows one out of all them that are in it. So it’s not only unexpected behavior, it’s just plain bad in design for showing information, not to mention obstructive.

2 Likes

you can hit the menu button to look at the player list can you not?
why does the leaderboard need to be forced? takes up screenspace that could be used for actual UI elements

3 Likes

@TechSpectrum Can you post a screenshot of what you are seeing? I want to make sure its on our side and not an issue with CoreGui. :slightly_smiling_face:

Its Money, and its not mine. If I move the money value it just ends up showing something else.

I see. Thank for you for posting the screen, we’ll get a fix in for this.

The fix for this issue is now live. Please let us know if you run into any other issues.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.