Xdev - a feature-rich Studio toolkit

So I am working on a plugin with studio tools like datastore management, toolbar-like widget (Although I decided to make it like Photoshop’s toolbar), quick actions menu like in Blender and some GUI tools (such as graphical interpretation of anchor point or offset to size conversion). This is how it looks now in a really WIP state. Should I release it free or paid when I’m done? YouTube link in case embed video doesn’t work.

Edit: I will be making the toolbar into the Photoshop-style one. My initial idea was to recreate the Studio one but it doesn’t look the best.

Btw, here is a little mouse icon module if you are making plugins but you don't wanna deal with the IDs
local PluginCursorKit = {
    ["Arrow"] = "rbxasset://SystemCursors/Arrow",
    ["PointingHand"] = "rbxasset://SystemCursors/PointingHand",
    ["OpenHand"] = "rbxasset://SystemCursors/OpenHand",
    ["ClosedHand"] = "rbxasset://SystemCursors/ClosedHand",
    ["IBeam"] = "rbxasset://SystemCursors/IBeam",
    ["SizeNS"] = "rbxasset://SystemCursors/SizeNS",
    ["SizeEW"] = "rbxasset://SystemCursors/SizeEW",
    ["SizeNESW"] = "rbxasset://SystemCursors/SizeNESW",
    ["SizeNWSE"] = "rbxasset://SystemCursors/SizeNWSE",
    ["SizeAll"] = "rbxasset://SystemCursors/SizeAll",
    ["SplitNS"] = "rbxasset://SystemCursors/SplitNS",
    ["SplitEW"] = "rbxasset://SystemCursors/SplitEW",
    ["Forbidden"] = "rbxasset://SystemCursors/Forbidden",
    ["Wait"] = "rbxasset://SystemCursors/Wait",
    ["Busy"] = "rbxasset://SystemCursors/Busy",
    ["Cross"] = "rbxasset://SystemCursors/Cross",
    ["Inherit"] = ""
}

return PluginCursorKit
Should I release it free or paid
  • Free
  • Paid

0 voters

2 Likes

This current state doesn’t do it’s final product justice. Right now it looks like it should be free, as I’ve seen some other plugins that do this for free, but do more work on it and come back with another poll when you’re done. I’m definitely sure it should be paid for if you add more unique/high value features in the future.

1 Like

I want to include something like this but for tools for currently selected object
Screenshot 2023-03-02 at 20.14.15

Edit: That’s gonna be one of the key features, my brain is failing to form detailed sentences on first try

3 Likes

For something like that in Roblox, it seems pretty difficult. You’ll have to make some sort of complicated GUI, because I don’t think you can create radial context menus (or even context menus at all) with plugins in Roblox as of now.

1 Like

Workaround might be using a hover over function with some sort of a circular gui object, with an arrow on the perimeter waiting to orbit the hoverover gui and resize based on cursor distance from inner origin to outside of the hoverover gui circles diameter

I thought you could use UserInputService just fine in plugins…

You can make it show in the workspace and that’s what I’m aiming for, I believe it works by parenting to CoreGui

1 Like

That’s insanely good! Would it be possible to @ me and keep me up-to-date on development?

No worries :slight_smile: (gotta meet the 30 limit)

1 Like

Slowly but surely fitting the ribbon elements into a smaller GUI, saving some screen space (and the best thing is, you can make the widget as big as you please, even place it on your second monitor)

2 Likes

Forgot to fulfil my promise - @Trisxcal

1 Like

Yet another small but useful feature - introducing property copy & paste! Yes yes, I know you can just duplicate a part but what if you have to make two parts or meshparts look the same, the catch is that they are on the opposite side of the map? Or one part is different in size and orientation of the other? Sure, you can waste your time scaling and replacing a small detail or make your life easier and paste the style on a single part or an entire model!

(@Trisxcal ping as requested)

2 Likes