XZ Percentage Color Randomizer

Introducing XZ Color Randomizer!!!

What is XZ Color Randomizer?

XZ Color Randomizer is a powerful plugin that is free which allows you to randomize the colors of selected parts or models based on customizable percentages. This versatile tool is perfect for various use cases, whether you’re working with individual parts or complex models.

Key Features:

• Randomize Colors: Apply random colors to selected parts or models with specified chances.

• Save and Load Palettes: Save your favorite color combinations and load them whenever needed.

• Customizable Chances: Set the probability for each color to appear, giving you full control over the randomness.

• Randomize Chances: No need to set each value manually! Just click a simple button to easily randomize all.

• Support for Multiple Modes: Apply colors to parts, decals, and lights. (More will be added soon!)

• User-Friendly Interface: Easy to use with a clean and intuitive GUI.

How to Use XZ Color Randomizer:

1. Select Parts or Models: Choose the parts or Models you want to ‘steal’ their color.

2. Add the colors: To add a color, click the “Add Color” button.

3. Set Percentages: Enter the percentages for each color.

4. Apply Colors: Click the button to apply the colors based on the set chances to the selected model/part.

1. Save Palettes: Save your color combinations for future use.

2. Load Palettes: Quickly load saved palettes to apply them to new selections.

Notes:

• You don’t need to worry about exact percentage totals; feel free to enter values like 754, 484, or 645.
  • You can create up to 12 palettes to keep your workspace organized.
  • You can use a maximum of 28 colors at once.
  • The plugin includes sound effects for various actions to enhance the user experience.

Why I Created This Plugin:

As a first-time plugin creator, I wanted to contribute to the Roblox community and help small developers who may not have the money to purchase plugins with USD. I hope you find XZ Color Randomizer useful and enjoyable!

I also noticed that there were barely any plugins related to what i wanted. One was old, abandoned, but free but had a maximum of 5 colors, but the newer version required you to pay 4.99$. So, i decided that i want to put an end to this and make my own plugin, after a while of using it and realizing that it was useful, i decided to make it for everyone, so that everyone in the Roblox community can enjoy it.

Bugs

If you find any bugs, please report them to me or write feedback! Please don’t dislike the plugin because of it.

Other cool features

Try it Out and Share Your Feedback:

Feel free to check out the plugin and let me know your thoughts

Plugin Link:https://create.roblox.com/store/asset/18605774100

Open Sourced: I gave up on this plugin because i realized maintaining it would waste too much of my time. feel free to modify it or anything, it wont get any updates
open_sourced.rbxm (26.3 KB)

The plugin’s good but I feel like the polishing and stuff is done terribly, first of all the icon is just a bunch of text, not really good.

Second, everything is really cluttered and not really organized. The gui itself also looks uh… bad.

Suggestions?

I would first of all suggest removing the goofy pricing system you added, not that I am being cheap, just that it’s exploitable.

Second, I would suggest using a widget system for the gui as no one really likes a gui that consistently is shown on your screen, rather, people prefer them to be a widget.

Third, I would suggest better organizing everything as it’s cluttered and overall messy! I can’t really explain much here but just use inspiration.

HARSH STUFF, READ AT YOUR OWN COST! I WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE IF YOU FEEL DEMOTIVATED WITH THESE WORDS!

The pricing notes

The pricing system is stupid, people can bypass it easily, what do you expect? Atleast you know people can as this exist:

Not reading that nor going to even do whatever you said here… :roll_eyes:

Also you put a lot of effort trying to make sure people pay for this plugin huh? Well nothing too hard for a scripter. I’ll just easily bypass this by replacing the entire gamepass id with a gamepass I already own! Problem solved.

Oh look! I have access to this plugin for free!?

If you did read everything I said above then, listen… I am not trying to demotivate you here, I am just saying that your system is simply ineffective by showing you a demo of what an actual person bypassing your system will think. I am sorry if I am being rude here, I tried not to… a bit… but just know, that such a pricing system, will NOT work. I will not be using your plugin though. Sooo not a real need to worry about me stealing your plugin or anything.

2 Likes

i mentally prepared for this type of reply, haha

yeah, that goofy pricing system really isn’t effective, ill just make the plugin free because i cant even make it paid

I’m not much of a GUI designer, so i just tried my best (yet it still resulted in something worse than trasht times 10)

For our sanity, please remove the sound effects. They sound incredibly unprofessional.

Also, if you can’t put a plugin for sale, then don’t try to make a workaround for it. You aren’t allowed to, so don’t try to use a gamepass or something. A proper license can make reuse of code illegal or completely legal depending on which license you choose to add.

1 Like

Hey pal, if you’re gonna keep complaining, maybe you should take matters into your own hands. I’m making this plugin open-sourced, and your feedback or suggestions are no longer needed. If you don’t like the sound effects, I don’t care. I’m gonna do whatever makes me happy with my work, and you can’t dictate how I do things. If you’ve got an issue with that, feel free to create your own plugin. I don’t care anymore.

Oh look, someone’s getting all worked up about something they clicked on. Your description sure matches your reaction. Can’t handle some sound effects? Everyone’s entitled to their opinion, but I’m going to do what I want with my work. So, go ahead and keep clicking, and keep being offended. It’s not gonna change a thing, buddy.

All of this… because I said to remove the sounds?

When has open sourcing something reduced the need for feedback or suggestions? You’re allowed to ignore feedback, but most of the time this leads to a worse product (whatever it may be).

Neither is throwing a tantrum over some small feedback. I didn’t feel the need to reply back, but I still wanted to help correct the simple mistakes that were made. We all start somewhere!

Look, buddy, your “small feedback” isn’t the point. I ditched the plugin because it wasn’t worth the hassle, and you’re still nitpicking and acting like you know everything. We all have our opinions, but don’t try to act like you’re an authority. Your whole “correct mistakes” thing is just a bunch of hot air. Keep complaining if you must, but I’ll do what I want with my work. Your opinions don’t matter to me anymore.

In your post you said “Share your feedback” and this is how you treat feedback?

Edit: Half of the things you mentioned literally make 0 sense what so ever, for example since when is giving feedback “knowing everything” or “acting like authority”?

2 Likes

Yeah, I asked for feedback when I first shared the plugin, but that was before I decided to abandon it. Now that I’m no longer working on it, I really don’t care about anyone’s opinion. The plugin is open-sourced, so you’re free to use it as you see fit. I’ve already moved on.

That’s reasonable but why are you being hostile instead of replying with a simple message like “Hey, this plugin is discontinued” or something along those lines?

lol those are my plugins, but I won’t complain!
Nice remix on it!!

I guess I got a little defensive there. Maybe I should’ve been clearer that the plugin wasn’t being updated anymore. It’s just annoying when people keep nitpicking and badgering you about things when you’ve already moved on from it. But I get where you’re coming from, and maybe I could’ve handled it better.

Well it’s very hard to tell if something is discontinued when you never announced so and the post is 6 hours old. Either way, thanks for the response.