Yarn Game Idea?

Ooo I like that!! That is definitely going onto my list.

1 Like

Disclaimer: I had a field day with this idea so sorry in advance.

How about… a platformer!

You have to work in teams to sew and stitch the map to make it to the other side and you have to use your needle to attack and defeat enemies.

You could also use yarn to grab on to high places in the map like a grappling hook if you will.

You can add stickers and fun little graffiti to your map and unlock these as you play (think Little Big Planet)

If you really want to go the full 8 yarns (laughed at myself for a good 2 minutes with that one) you could add a map maker where people can share their custom creations.

This could be used by having players in groups of 4 and be teleported to a level of their choice in the lobby.

For monetisation, you could have an in game shop where you purchase sewing themed weapons, character skins and yarn colours.

Your pets could follow you around and if not enough players are about, help you sew the parts of the map back together or give powerups like extra speed or an extra life.

I’m not sure if it would work with Roblox but would be a pretty cool idea (:

3 Likes

Maybe make the buttons eyes a little thinner in height.

1 Like

I think it is a really cool idea! I haven’t thought of a “competition” game if you will- so that is a cool thing to look into! Thank you for the suggestion.

1 Like

No worries, hope it helps out :slight_smile:

1 Like

Another update! I am just bouncing from idea to idea- building to see what fits and what doesn’t. Thought this was a cute house idea or something. :smile:

2 Likes

I am overwhelmed by cuteness- anyways. I am still thinking about ideas. Just making lil yarn pets while thinking haha!! (Still working on this frog…) :frog:

1 Like

UPDATE

I think after a lot of thinking, suggestions and over all testing- I have the “basics” of the game I want.

So- first, you can choose to be a toy doll or a voodoo doll- both have a backstory against each other and live on opposite sides of the “land I haven’t called yet” :laughing: Then- you have to go on quests, to get materials such a string, yarn, buttons, needles, etc.

You will also be granted a yarn ball pet (in the tutorial)

Right now details are still being added and removed- I want to incorporate as many things as I can, I hope to add mini-games, new quests and some fun things for everyone to enjoy! I will do a HUGE update on the progress in the future.

1 Like

Good luck!! Hope it turns out well for you!

1 Like

I’m really exited to see what this turns into!

Maybe make it into a platformer game. Like you need to dodge scissors and stuff and get materials to become a sweater or something!

1 Like