Yarn Game Idea?

Okay, so here me out- this is going to be a mess of ideas :

I had an idea to create a game- based on “sewing” if that makes sense, where people are dolls, everyone has button eyes, you can sew and make things to progress during the game- maybe for “upgrades”?
Magic would also be in the game as well.

I need any ideas that people think of :heart:

I have NO idea what direction I want to go with this- but I’d love to hear other ideas to get the wheels turning.

Here are some pictures of things I have made- and details of how the game would look :

YARN BALL PET
BUTTON AND NEEDLE

NAME IDEA

SEWING TABLE

A friend of mine suggested horror for the game genre- and if you can bounce of of that, I am not opposed to it!

13 Likes

You could probably make a game of sewing clothing like sweaters. But as time goes the tools you use advance and the amount you can make also advances like sort of a Sewing Simulator type of game. So like you start with like some very basic tools and a capacity to make about 5 clothing and then you sell them. Then you go to a store with the money and buy better tools or increase you capacity. with let’s say a basket to a closet. I feel like I might be abit confusing to understand. But I think you’ll get the idea. so yea, Good luck on the project idea you choose to work with! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you for your suggestion!! I love the idea, I will update this form when I have a set plan in action

1 Like

First of all, I just want to say I love the concept so far! As for ideas, you could make it a 2D adventure type game where you need to sew objects to get past certain parts of it. Or you could make it sort of like a tycoon as well, where you sew things to add to your house, but you have to earn the blueprints for them by doing something else.

2 Likes

First, thank you for the suggestion, second of all - that would be so much fun to make, and is definitely top of my list :laughing: As I said above I will update this when I go over all of the possibilities of what I could make. :heart: Thank you so much!

1 Like

You could make the game kind of like Unravel or yoshis woolly world.

2 Likes

This would be a horror game to me as I hate button eyes.

1 Like

Lol!! Then don’t look at my character :

BluVelv

1 Like

Yeah it sounds like a horror game to me. The best inspirations you could take from this is Coraline & little nightmares. I don’t know why little nightmares came to mind but a game with that style would fit pretty nicely and coraline… you know if you watched it.

1 Like

Mhm! I completely agree which is why I am not opposed to the idea. Coraline scared me so much as a kid haha. Thank you for the suggestion. :pray:t2:

2 Likes

this sounds like a really fun concept. Maybe a game like piggy or something where you could use like a sewing needle for a sword and you were a yarn ball with a yarn body?

1 Like

Everyone says horror, but take a look at Little Big Planet or Yoshi’s Woolly World. Those games are based on the idea of yarn characters and they’re super cute / casual.

Ofc Roblox doesn’t have mesh deformation so you may not be able to achieve that cute squishiness those games have easily – probably it would require a lot of animation.

2 Likes

I agree- that is why I am still taking ideas. The animation part would be something for me to work on, but I am hoping it to achieve something like that or completely new. Thank you for the suggestion!

I think this is a unique and great idea. I’m getting the Nintendo vibes and Yoshi’s Wooly World vibes. I think this will attract lots of different age groups and audiences. What platform is your game geared towards and what platform are you prioritizing? Anyways, I think this looks great​:slightly_smiling_face: I can’t wait to see the finalized product that you create out of this unique idea. Well, anyways I’m looking forward to the final upcoming release of this yarn :yarn: game​:slightly_smiling_face: I hope this helped​:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

You helped a lot!! I am trying to attract most audiences, so it’s a fun game for everyone. Kids might be more appealed to the “cartoon” and funny non-living characters like the yarn ball with button eyes :joy: then something fun and interesting for older players.

1 Like

Forgot to add this as well- mainly computer and in the future mobile would be the next prioritized platform.

2 Likes

Update :

Not sure if this could help with some ideas! :teddy_bear:

those look great! Would they be used as the player or npcs?

1 Like

I was thinking pets- but of course I am still unsure! Haha

Npcs are a good idea though-

1 Like

i had a cool idea. you could make an adventure game where your a yarn humanoid-like thing and you could use your string to grapple up to higher locations.

1 Like