"You are not authorixed to manage apps on behalf of this group" on groups with Create group API keys enabled

On an account which is ID verified, you are allowed to make oAuth2 apps, with groups. However, if you do not own the group, even with the “Create group API keys” or “Administer all group API keys” permissions on, you will get an access denied message, like so:

That is not my account, because I have not verified my ID under privacy concerns. It is the co-owner, and we share the same role, both with all permissions enabled.

After me getting a DMCA strike for holding a group, even not being the uploader, we’re using a holder to prevent that. We need an oAuth app, but because of this bug, we cannot create one.

Page URL: https://create.roblox.com/dashboard/credentials?groupId=xxxxxx

A private message is associated with this bug report

3 Likes

Thank you for your feedback regarding OAuth app creation within your group.

As of now, only the group owner has the ability to create OAuth apps for the group. we are actively working on implementing new group permissions that will allow other team members to create OAuth apps as well.

Is there any expected timeframe? This is putting a hold on some projects I’m waiting on for this to be fixed

Apologize for the inconvenience, but at this moment, we are unable to confirm a specific timeline. We will promptly notify you once we have further details.

Sorry for the bump, is there an update yet? I would love for my team to be able to edit my OAuths

1 Like

Sorry we don’t have any updates on it yet. Will keep you posted once we make any progress.

1 Like