You should allow people to respond in Collaboration threads

Hey everyone,

As probably many of you know, you cannot reply to threads in #collaboration

I think this should be changed mainly because replies to those threads were somehow bumping them. Anyone responding to any thread is bumping them and appears as the newest one. If there are many topics created in a certain date, the newest will happen to be old in some time. I feel like people get less attention to #collaboration topics, because they will happen to disappear after some time. Also, this might be true, because I saw a thread from the same person that is hiring people. Post before the change of collaboration topics gained about 1,4k views, 23 likes and 18 replies. Post after change gained 700 views, 3 likes and 1 reply (from system). In my opinion the second post was more attractive than the first one. Also I think that replies are needed here to know better certain stuff that employers are offering. Instead I suggest closing portfolios, because portfolios should only be a showcase of someone’s skills, not a place to give opinion (instead we got likes) or any discussion where in some portfolios happen to be.

Please tell me what do you think about it. :wink:

3 Likes

Send a DM.

Reviews from past clients? How else are you supposed to put those?

Also responding to @M_caw.

Actually you got me here, reviews from clients itself should be great way to express how a person feel about services given. Screen shots not always provided (some people give screenshots of opinions) are real. However I feel like there is a like button and people not always use it but instead write opinion.

Just flag said replies as “spam.”

Likes don’t really say anything about the services given to you. Anyone can like anything at any given moment, people can like the works themselves and give them a like because of that. Replies are better suited for this.

2 Likes

I definitely do not want to close portfolios as otherwise simply nobody will get a commission from me due to not being able to host past reviews.

To be honest, I agree with opening the #collaboration category, I’m not applying for as much jobs because I just don’t want to DM as I’ll end up having a ton of PM threads.

But if you’re accepted, you’ll just end up having a large DM thread anyway.

Bumping is against the rules, so this shouldn’t be a reason. The stats don’t matter, anyway. Replies in Recruitment only encouraged toxic behaviour, which also is the reason they were locked. Just DM instead of replying.

1 Like

Please check rules correctly, what I meant with bumping has nothing to do with bumping stated in rules.

I know the rules, but Recruitment doesn’t need to be fully unlocked. Why did you ingore my other points? There are other ways of promoting your topic, like making it your main one and adding tags.

I cannot check truth of this, because I don’t visit devforum every day. And I feel like it’s not the main reason of it.

People who don’t visit devforum everyday like me mostly will only check newest topics or the one that are mostly appreciated by others. That’s what I meant.

I find that good titles with good offers get the most attraction. Perhaps try that.

3 Likes

Then you may check this reply in another thread about this issue made by Sergeant_Roach:

People who actually want to find a job use the search feature; they are not based in the New and Latest pages, and so should you. Likes also don’t help you decide whether a job offer is good or not.

I think it was open at one point, I could be wrong but the reason is due to the fact that people would criticize others for their prices, etc.

I can’t hire anyone with it closed.

When it was open, I did get things like this, but I think flagging is the way to go as @Ty_IsHomeSchooled said.

It should honestly be re-opened. I kind of want developers to have opportunities on Roblox. When I complete all my games, I may want to do commissions one day, and the topic owner could also reply and say how good I was.

Again this is just my opinion. It does seems to still be open in #collaboration:portfolios.

3 Likes

I agree, yeah it is open in #collaboration:portfolios, I dont know why its not open in recruitment threads, but yeah, flagging is the best option but staff already have LOTS of moderation to do with #development-discussion

1 Like

Recruitment was home to toxicity. Development Discussion doesn’t necessarily host toxicity it’s just members abusing the category. I don’t support replies being opened up. Toxicity became the norm in Recruitment. Plus, Roblox already released the Talent Hub under a private beta so if anything we can expect the entirety of #collaboration to be removed sooner or later.

4 Likes

It would be sad to see #collaboration go, unless there is a public version of Talent Hub, since it has the best opportunities out of other platforms like discord where there is a lot of ones not worth the payment, and yeah I guess I remember correctly then.

I should have clarified, but it’s under private beta, so the users that have access are just testing it before it gets opened up.

3 Likes