YouTube link is moderated

I am unable to link to a YouTube video in my Experience settings.
I have tried the “share” version that YouTube gives you, and the “direct” version straight from the Url of the YouTube page. Both fail to be submitted on the Experience settings form of the website.

Here’s what I see on the website. I have tried on the “new” Experience settings page and the “old” one, both were the same:

According to what I read here this should be supported, right?

Here’s the link I’m trying to add. I have tried both versions:

Here is the Experience settings page I’m using

3 Likes

YouTube social links are generally supposed to be channel links so it’s likely just an oversight on Roblox’s behalf on how you can’t use video links.

2 Likes

They might mean that you need a “Youtube channel” rather than “Youtube videos” so maybe they are trying to prevent NSFW content or videos or just trying to prevent “Off-site” Promotion

Can you provide a link to your source for this information? I do not see that documented.

I ended up creating a PlayList on YouTube, and added the target video to that Playlist. The form allows me to use the PlayList’s url instead of the direct link. I am not sure why, but I’m unblocked by using the PlayList instead.

1 Like

If you use /watch/{id} instead of /watch?v={id} it should work :+1:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.