Yucon Framework || Optimization, organization, and high-level security

The github isn’t a download, it’s a website. (YuconFramework)

It looks like this:

1 Like

Suddenly it just started working, Maybe I messed up something while installing it.

1 Like

dude. nice. thanks. im probably gonna use this.

1 Like

Hello, I found an issue regarding the plugin. When trying to edit the demo (updating the framework to the latest one and then using the editor), will give this error:

while looking through the plugin myself, I wasn’t able to find any of these functions at all.

Is this a known bug or issue?

Sincerely,
Matthew

Can you clarify on what you mean by this?

So I go to the demo game page, I click on the three dots, and click on “Edit”.
Then I’m doing as aid in the parentheses of my previous message, and it shows that error in output.

The plugin essentially breaks if you get the “allow scripts in your game” message or you delete a folder. You should probably add more checks for that… but aside from the plugin problems I don’t see any other problems with it.

1 Like

Gotcha, thanks! Where did you find the demo?

It’s yours, actually.

Oh, gotcha! I feel a bit silly haha.

I patched it. It was using a very old version of Yucon that did not have shared scripts, classes, or even the client step method!

I don’t recommend learning a lot from it, though. I had some pretty poor code practices in it.

Can I be able to use this for my zombies and first person shooter game?

Alright, thanks for the fix. So far it looks good.

1 Like

Yucon can be used for any type of game, including a zombies and FPS game! I’ve personally used it on every one of my projects.

1 Like

But how can I make it work? I am not very good at coding/scripting.

Try to get the basics down of scripting first. It’s just as difficult to do in Yucon as without it.

You should probably learn how to program first. Figure out the basic concepts of roblox lua, (it’s actually pretty simple). I also recommend you figure out what frameworks are, and what they do (assuming you don’t know already). They won’t make your game for you, but they are designed to give tools to help make your game development quicker.

Hello I am currently using Yucon for a game and it’s all going very well… Except for when it comes to RemoteEvents. I am confused on how to create them as I see you have a Communication folder pre made with a RemoteFunction and RemoteEvent how do I use these?

Hi Josh_Joestar here, So this framework is designed to optimize roblox games right? well does it actually make a significant difference in game performance? if so by how much?

Check out the API for this! You don’t create new remote events or functions, instead you use the Yucon methods to fire the existing ones.

There is no measurement of difference simply because it boils down to how effectively you use the framework. It’s not a magic optimizer, it’s something that rather influences that optimization you seek.