Zap or ByteNet: Performance & Security

both ByteNet and Zap uses buffer? (Basically converts your information into bytes and using bytes to communicate using remote event? I am not sure). I am wondering which module is more performant and which is more secure? Anyone give me detailed explanation of why I should choose one over the other?

going to be honest, unsure if theres a real reason you’d want this. realistically you’re going to be fine with whats in the engine, and remote event/function sniffing can be ignored by just using good basic design and data verification. its just a hassle IMO. plus a lot of people don’t seem to know (good) exploiters can literally get into the lua registry and toy with any little system you put in, including zap and bytenet. its not the transfer that is scary, its everything before and after. neither are gonna have a tangible benefit over the other.

i’d go with bytenet though, seems a little easier to actually work with

mainly optimization, not that much for security (at least for me)
your stuff are serialized, sent to the client/server, and deserialized for their custom listener function (or at least that’s how i understand it)

in any case, it sends much less data to server/client
especially obvious if you fire the remote every frame compared to sending packets every frame with a networking library

true but atp just make a serializer module that’s more lightweight