Zombie animation for my new game

Hi, how can I improve this animation?

All Feedback is appriciated

3 Likes

Wow that’s great I love how you show its stiffness but what if it twitched every now and then it depends if your what vibe your going for tho

1 Like

I’d try to make the arms point forward like the zombie is trying to catch the player and I would polish it a bit to make the animation feel smoother.
Also, I’d play a bit more with the pose but it mostly depends on what the animation is needed for.

It’s a good start tho, good luck!

1 Like

Make the animation loop, what you’re trying to do is a walk cycle, and if thats the walking animation then you have to make it loop back to the first frame so it dosnt look like its cutting out or anything It’d def make it look nice tho

1 Like

I did make the animation loop back to the first frame.

1 Like

oh, then it must be another frame then, look at the animation you can see the right leg snapping quickly or whatever, its not normal, idk what frame it is tho, but for a smooth animation it has to be fixed

2 Likes

Made some adjustments based on the feedback I got.

1 Like

This is a difficult question to answer without seeing the animation. Some things that could be done to improve the animation include:

1. Make sure the timing is correct and that the movements are fluid.

2. Add variations in the movement to make it more interesting.

3. Use different camera angles to add interest and excitement.

1 Like

I’d say definitely do this, but having the arms down to its sides (like the original video) if the zombie isn’t near a player yet, but then the arms stick out once they’re in grabbing/hurting range.

2 Likes

To be honest, I think if you want a more exceptional animation, you would want to consider making it R15, to have more joints and movement to improve realism, but it looks good so far!