Zombie Insurgency - GAME REVIEW

Hey there! Some friends and I created Zombie Insurgency - Roblox and we were looking for some feedback.

ZI Icon

Our game is a round-based survival game where players hold off waves of zombies with unlockable weapons, all while defending a flag. During our initial launch, we encountered criticism about the similarities of our game to another. We’ve since tried to distance ourselves from creating a replica, and are still in the process of individualizing our game from others in this genre and we’d love to hear more feedback now.

Thanks!

1 Like

So I tried to play this very briefly on mobile. I might try to play again with a friend when I get to computer, but I have some initial thoughts.

Do you have any particular feedback you are looking for?

In regards to similarity with another game, I’m not too experienced with this game genre on Roblox so I can’t answer this question.

I can answer a bit from game feel perspective. I think a zombie defense genre game can build a reputation from the feel of the zombies and the feel of the weapons (in this case, melee and ranged).

Regarding the feel of the zombies, my impression is that this is a more lighthearted game, loosely sci-fi and cartoony at the same time. The zombies seem to be themed after metals, but their appearances are simple recolors and materials for a naked R6. This may be one reason why players find the game similar to another game (I can’t remember the title). You may want to have a different feel for the zombies: do you want more cartoony, or grotesque? You can perhaps emphasize the “metallic” aspect of these zombies and make their designs (specifically silhouettes, if you have an art team they should know that) distinct from other zombies seen on Roblox.

Regarding the feel of the weapons, I did not think that it was very satisfying to defeat zombies with either the gun or the melee weapon (wrench). Even though these are the starting weapons, they don’t feel exciting enough for me to want to continue playing. Especially since I was playing solo, I was also overwhelmed quickly, which discouraged me from playing. I think even just making the gun and wrench more exciting, for example flashier VFX and stronger sound effects, will make me more motivated to play because “I can do really cool stuff!”

3 Likes