ZonePlus v3.2.0 | Construct dynamic zones and effectively determine players and parts within their boundaries

Is it possible for the ambient sounds to play when you’re sitting? I tried making it, but it broke. I’m trying to make a car radio similar to Mafia 1.

Is it possible to add something like an ignore list or a whitelist soon? It would help very much!

How would I check if the local player character is in a zone in general?

Zone.localPlayerEntered:Connect(function()
      print("Welcome")
end)

Does it support overlapping zones? For example one big zone and a lot of mini zones inside it.

Yes it does, seek here: ZonePlus v3.2.0 | Construct dynamic zones and effectively determine players and parts within their boundaries - #240 by ForeverHD

1 Like

Is there a way to detect if a character spawns inside of a zone, becuase onItemEnter returns:
ReplicatedStorage.Modules.Zone:814: attempt to index nil with Instance - Server - Zone:814
my serverside script in SSS:

repeat wait() until player.Character:FindFirstChild("HumanoidRootPart")
local RootPart = player.Character:FindFirstChild("HumanoidRootPart")
ZP:onItemEnter(RootPart, function()
	print("The item has entered the zone!")
end)

thanks

Depending on if the player is currently in the zone when they die + respawn, playerEntered won’t fire. If they spawn in a different zone, playerEntered should fire accordingly.

1 Like

Not related to this resource, you inserted a virus.

1 Like

I think this is going to help me with my random weapon spawning system! very cool resource!!

2 Likes

So, this is just a better version of Touched event right?

Not at all? If you read the thread you would see it’s for spatial areas.

1 Like

Oh, that make sense. Thx for the info :>

Check in here to receive new messages.

How could I possibly ignore certain parts when using :getRandomPoint(), which returns a Vector3 value and a table with touching parts. I have multiple zone parts touching each other but I want them to be ignored in the table.

Support for this was introduced in a recent update, so first try updating your module, then if it persists can you provide more details here again.

You can achieve this with item:track(item) and the zone.itemEntered and zone.itemExited events. More details here:

I can look into this thanks for the report!

Have you tried splitting your zones into further zones?

1 Like

What do you mean? I got multiple parts for my zone as it doesn’t have a perfect shape.

This is what it looks like with my zone so far, I’m using this to spawn gems. I simply want to check if something is touching where the random location was, as I don’t want them to spawn in stuff.

Is this base of checking contaction every frame?

im trying to use the :destroy() function on the zone module but it gives me the error: “attempt to index nil with ‘destroy’” on line 870

Does partEntered event count also VehicleSeat? If not, how I can detect it with ZonePlus when a VehicleSeat enter in the zone?

I would like to detect if a VehicleSeat enter in the zone.