ZonePlus v3.2.0 | Construct dynamic zones and effectively determine players and parts within their boundaries

Hey, just wondering: can I create mobile zones with this module? Like, let’s say I weld a part that acts as hitbox to a player and then create a zone by using that same part.
If the player starts walking, will the zone move too with the welded part?

I don’t want this, how do I make it so they can die and spawn in the same zone without it ever registering? A zone is a new area with an area name popup and other effects. If they die and then respawn in the same zone it shouldn’t be considered a new area and those effects shouldn’t be triggered.

I seemed to have fixed it with this. I’m a little confused why the second return works, but I’m not complaining.

Hi,

Does anyone know the script to see what zone or part the player is currently in?

Like I want to run a script that will tell me if the player is currently in PartA / ZoneA.

From what I have seen, most things are triggered events , enter , exit…

Thanks for any help!

zone:findPlayer() is what you need.

What is there are 2 zones they are in, meaning there is an overlapping zones and they could be in 2 at the same time? Does zone:findPlayer() return multiple zones?

Anyone know how to already detect a player in a zone when they spawn in. Like a safe zone. The player spawns in the lobby and the safe zone is in the lobby but it doesn’t change their gui which I want it to.

Does not change what player gui? The ‘safe zone circle around you effect thinga ma thing’ ?

His demo game EDITable has I safe zone in it…

1 Like

OOps, forgot this still existed. Sorry, I figured out the problem! Thank you so much for your time and help though.

Your modules are such a simple idea but are always SO helpful! Thank you for this!

1 Like

Hi i tried making a while loop when u enter the zone but i couldnt make it to stop with exit. do u have any idea how can i make that work? i tried number and bool values from character but they didnt work. and i tried things like while _G.active == true do but they didnt worked. And yes i did change the values before the loop and at the exit script. i also tried some stuff with Zone:FindPlayer but they also didnt worked.

how can i make a loop work only if player is in the zone. as a server script.

Run the loop when they enter the zone with a if true condition (if they are in the zone, do it)

this is the script im using

zone.playerEntered:Connect(function(player)	
	print("player has entered the zone")
	local isWithinZoneBool = icebath:findPlayer(player)
	local health = game.Workspace:WaitForChild(player.Name).Humanoid
	local debounce = game.Workspace[player.Name].bt.icebath
	debounce = 0
	if debounce == 0 and isWithinZoneBool then repeat 
		health.Health -= 15
			debounce = 1
			wait(1) 
			debounce = 0
		until not isWithinZoneBool 
	end
end)

and its not ending the loop when player exits

Hey there, the reason that’s happening is because zone:findPlayer() is always true since it’s only being checked once upon player entrance and not throughout the loop.

This works:

zone.playerEntered:Connect(function(player)
	print("player has entered the zone")
	local health = player.Character.Humanoid
	local debounce = true
	if debounce and icebath:findPlayer(player) then repeat 
			player.Character.Humanoid.Health -= 15
			debounce = false
			wait(1) 
			debounce = true
		until not icebath:findPlayer(player)  
	end
end)

I don’t know why you are checking a seperate zone named icebath though, do you have a zone within a zone? Also I’d advise against using repeat until.

1 Like

icebath is name of the model which has the zone seperately and the parts in it separately.

I was also wondering this, I do not think so but I hope there is a way.

OH I actually ended up testing it for myself and yes it does! The zone can be moved at runtime.

Hey, I have a zone made of an array consisting of baseparts. Problem is, I keep getting a exhausted execution time error when I try to get a random point.

Is this normal?

EDIT: My bad, I had a framework which destroyed the parts with no collisions on.

Zone not working sometimes when I clone it from ServerStorage to workspace. It works 50/50 and sometimes not working for no reason. No errors in output. It create zone but playerEntered event not working.

Not sure that’s how you’re supposed to be doing it, wait for it to be in workspace first and then zone it.