ZonePlus v3.2.0 | Construct dynamic zones and effectively determine players and parts within their boundaries

How would I get the name of a specific zone? Say I have a zone surrounding the part, and I set the container to the zone. How would I get it to print out the part that the zone is using?

Hello ForeverHD. I would like to contribute to the issue causing the part.Exited to not fire when a part is destroyed.

EDIT: I believe I have fixed the issue. I submitted a merge request to your development branch as instructed.

1 Like

do you know why it does not work when the part(container) is inside a tool? I want to make a tool that can heal a player using a cone as fake light, so when a player is inside the light got healed

@ForeverHD is there away to detect if they already in the zone? not when they enter or exit.

I am a bit confused why I should use this compared to my own implementation? does it provide better performance? and if so how?

You don’t even share details of your own implementation so how can it be compared? You’re confusing.

couldn’t you just cache them in a table when they enter the zone, and then remove them when they exit?

3 Likes

does it detect parts created local sided?

How can I get the part the player is in (in what zone part) and the player himself?

There’s already a function for the zone.
local playersArray = zone:getPlayers()

1 Like

found this error while using zoneplus (for random point generation)

although, great work!

EDIT: dont make your zones empty, trust me

This is great! thank you so much! I will be using this to create different music areas.

1 Like

Hey, just wondering: can I create mobile zones with this module? Like, let’s say I weld a part that acts as hitbox to a player and then create a zone by using that same part.
If the player starts walking, will the zone move too with the welded part?

I don’t want this, how do I make it so they can die and spawn in the same zone without it ever registering? A zone is a new area with an area name popup and other effects. If they die and then respawn in the same zone it shouldn’t be considered a new area and those effects shouldn’t be triggered.

I seemed to have fixed it with this. I’m a little confused why the second return works, but I’m not complaining.

Hi,

Does anyone know the script to see what zone or part the player is currently in?

Like I want to run a script that will tell me if the player is currently in PartA / ZoneA.

From what I have seen, most things are triggered events , enter , exit…

Thanks for any help!

zone:findPlayer() is what you need.

What is there are 2 zones they are in, meaning there is an overlapping zones and they could be in 2 at the same time? Does zone:findPlayer() return multiple zones?

Anyone know how to already detect a player in a zone when they spawn in. Like a safe zone. The player spawns in the lobby and the safe zone is in the lobby but it doesn’t change their gui which I want it to.

Does not change what player gui? The ‘safe zone circle around you effect thinga ma thing’ ?

His demo game EDITable has I safe zone in it…

1 Like

OOps, forgot this still existed. Sorry, I figured out the problem! Thank you so much for your time and help though.