“Egg Hunt” 2021 Metaverse Event Opportunity!

My opinions on this so far:
I understand this egg hunt is designed to support developers to achieve more players in a game. However, I like to say that I miss playing the old egg hunts like 2017 and 2018. They were very enjoyable and allowed us to explore the map and finding many possibilities of finding eggs. Comparing this with the 2020 event, I didn’t find this enjoyable. A lot of games did not really appeal to me and I pretty much forgotten about those games.

My suggestions:

• Think about returning to the old style egg hunts where this is one game. Try letting new development teams or individual developers to create a map, whether they are big or small. Reintroduce the hub and when teleporting to a section of map, maybe give credits to the Roblox group or player who made the map as well on the teleport message.
  • Make sure that the game is compatible for mobile and console players and make sure that it is actually possible to receive the egg without being too difficult for those specific devices.
  • Listen to your players, conduct surveys, do anything to allow the players to enjoy the events. If players do not like the idea of Devhunts, maybe it might be time to return to the old style egg hunts.
8 Likes

It would be better if Roblox can merge the Egg Hunt 2017/2018 with the last two years of Egg Hunt together. This is a great opportunity for developers but there should come with some limitations. (Play time, Difficulty, Learning Curve, Etc) And make it possible so all games have the same overall theme (On the Egg Hunt Portion).

Regards
-King

3 Likes

Yeah i like this idea but i think for this year it would be better for just a game. I feel like a good idea is to have rotations from dev hunt to game hunt each year so people would not get bored by having too many devhunts in a row. I think it would be better for this year to be the game and your idea for a devhunt to be next year. Also as long as the devhunt is like 2019’s for 2022 of course. Ether that or have a game two years in a row because really if they decide to make another devhunt the third time in a row when pretty much every serious egg hunt player and youtuber is against it is pretty silly.

2 Likes

Yes I completely agree to this. And also although they may think they are trying to support developers they end up supporting the already crazy popular games like adopt me, royale high, sharkbite exc and never the games with less then 500 regular players. And with games like the great yolktales you get eggs doing fun things like puzzles, temple run like escape games. Obby’s and more. But with devhunts about 8 of all the games end up having actual fun obby’s while the rest are doing dumb stuff like kill 5 enemies then come back to me to do some more chores. So although they may be helping the big developers what they should be caring about most is satisfaction of there viewers for this year. Meta events are great but they are great when they are not the egg hunt. Having more ready player two type events instead will help developers but also not ruin for players ether.

In short: the egg hunt should stay game while smaller events like ready player two should be the meta events

4 Likes

If Roblox cannot support what they did with Egg Hunt 2018 again, then they should at least make better decision and have more overall control of the participating Games. Specifically theme, direction, loops, etc.

6 Likes

For more evidence on why you this is a dumb idea, look at last years devforum post. Games Needed for Egg Hunt 2020!
If you look at the replies on the forum mostly everybody on the forum was excited about 2020’s egg hunt. But now after people played 2020’s egg hunt people have noticed how bad these dev-hunts really are. Not only is most people on the Devforum against the new egg hunt this year but also most big youtubers are as well.

4 Likes

hey just wanted to say that the word nutritious does not mean a good thing. The definition or nutritious literally means something being famous for how bad it is. Sorry just wanted to give a quick correction!

1 Like

Something not necessarily related to the upcoming Egg Hunt, but most of the Eggs don’t seem to show up in the Avatar Shop / Catalog anymore. Is there a reason for these items to be hidden?

One of many examples shown on the image added below

1 Like

im pretty sure any item that goes offsale after ether an event or a promo code wont show up in the catalog
Edit: noticed you turned the unavailable on so im not sure why its like that

Eggxactly (sorry). I used to be able to find them a while ago, which makes it even more strange.

2 Likes

Don’t cancel it. Just make it fun.

5 Likes

Agree. If its too late to make it a game just please make it 2019’s egg hunt with the hub and bosses. Also please have better egg designs next year as well. Im not sure if the eggs on that hunt were developer designed but some of them were SO bad. I have hope for next years event and so please don’t ruin it like egg hunt 2020. And also if you are unable to make 2021’s egg hunt into a game please do it for 2022

6 Likes

I had accidentally put no for rthro, is there any way I can change this?

I think this is a fine way to do it; more events like Ready Player One/Two and RB Battles Season 2 throughout the year would be nice. Moreso like Ready Player Two in my opinion; a small hub that helps with the event, but doesn’t add on any extra nonsense. I’ll be honest, I didn’t bother with Ready Player One but from my friends who did I heard many complaints about the obby at the end. RB Battles was so close to being incredible but the Finale was long, tedious, and a rather buggy mess. Aside from slight issues granting the items, the Ready Player Two hub was perfectly fine. It was a nice way to get to all the games (after the relics were brought back, of course) and was a nice little place to even just hang out. Smaller events throughout the year would benefit from this format, as they could be much easier to handle especially with lower numbers.

Let’s say there was a Summer 2021 Treasure Hunt event. The hub world is a pirate ship with doors that teleport to the places. These could be triggered the same way the relics triggred RPT portals, or they could just be open/open at a certain pace. There could be a Captain’s Quarters room at the end where you bring all of the treasures for a grand prize. Perhaps there could be a decent number of treasures, say ten to twenty with some being in bigger games and some being in lesser known games. Egg Hunt could be a single place again, devs would have their time to shine, and everyone’s happy as more events are happening.

The more I think about it, while I am genuinely excited for Egg Hunt 2021 and seeing where Metaverse events go next, I’d love a more traditional hunt again even more. Although, arguably, you could say that joining various games is closer to the original egg drops. Haha. Jokes aside, I think that there could be a balance struck between Metaverse events and fully original events. Sorry for going off on a bit of a tangent, I tend to write in more detail about some things then I leave the post for a day or two and finish it. My point was more just a constructive idea about how more Metaverse events could be fit in without a sponsor such as Ready Player Two, allowing for a hunt such as Great Yolktales instead.

8 Likes

I am truly disappointed as well personally I think that they should at least have a hub like 2019, I joined in 2019 and what I’ve heard about all the egg hunts 2018 is among the best ones and I’m sure it would’ve been my favourite too, I hope Roblox doesn’t rush it like last year and they try to take some criticism from the roblox community

What I have heard is that 2018 were among the best and people were happy that 2019 at least had a hub and a storyline but personally 2020 felt rushed I don’t know why they don’t just listen to us and change up the way they do the egg hunts. The only thing I enjoyed about the 2020 egg hunt was that it was big and I had something to try and get and it was really fun but there were these super hard ones to get and there was no hub or storyline for 2020 dev hunt I really hope they take some criticism from the community.

2 Likes

I really hope that they do take all this criticism this year or next year and improve they egg hunts if they just listened the egg hunts would’ve been soooo much better…

4 Likes

Yeah I sure hope they will listen to us. Seeing that they responded to some comments lower down the thread i really hope that they are reading what we are trying to say. And if they are I sure hope that this year they will decide to listen to us

4 Likes

Yup I sure do hope they listen it would be so much better for everyone if they listen everyone would be happy!

2 Likes

I did like Dev Hunt 2020 because it just helped me pass time but the only downside was there was no hub, no storyline and some of the eggs were really hard to get…