🡺 How to get a players followers by userId?

hello im trying to loop through a players followers and put them in a table. I found a way to do it however theres like no information on the topic. there are no other dev fourms posts mine about the topic and the other resource is some shitty website:
https://friends.roblox.com/docs
the website looks garbage and i cant really tell whats going on or how to use it by the example they gave me and they explain nothing.

script:

/v1/users/{targetUserId}/followers

to be honest i know if thats suppose to be lua cuz’ it looks like some HTML type shit

5 Likes

this wont be easy. You need to have knowledge about proxies and HTTPService. Then you can use that proxy to get the followers as Roblox wont allow you to get it directly.

1 Like

Do you have any idea of how i would do what im trying to do? its obvious this information is public and there is a way to do it as i can see the article. i personally have no idea even after looking at the article but do you

sadly I don’t know as well! its too complicated. I hope someone else would help you.

Have you tried looking into something like the UserService?

1 Like

im not seeing anything about getting a players followers
note: im trying to get other players followers not the local players followrs and the players are outside of the game.

Then you may be out of luck. Perhaps look into HTTP Service?

i dont think im out of luck, that trash page existed with a way to do it

and no i havent looked into HTTP service as i only know lua

HTTP service is a service. HttpService

1 Like

i believe the service is used to send Http requests to 3rd party softwares. The service is mostly used to use bots which can access information that roblox doesnt provide or in rare cases, for malicious purposes.

The only issue is those bots run mostly on python or/and cost money to manage

i dont really know because i havent bothered ever looking at it as iv always thought thats what it was.

Try using RoProxy as a free proxy.

i only know lua however. i wont be able to program a robot from other languages

it also wants me to download 3rd party software

This is the whole point, but you can’t access Roblox’s database from a service.

Yes, sometimes people can use HTTP service for bots, but that is just one of many things you can do with it. For example: You could have a button in-game that when you press it, it sends an HTTP request to a domain you’ve made that makes your printer print out a photo of that user’s avatar.

Yep. But it also can fetch data from Roblox.

You have to connect to a domain with HTTP service willingly, and even then, it can’t be used maliciously unless you knowingly (and stupidly) enter in your passwords into a shady website.

We’re not talking about hosting a website? HTTP service is a service, not a programming platform. It’s all in lua. It’s used to send or receive simple strings or other data values.

You dont need to learn any other languages to use HttpService. Its just a service like any other service in roblox. Most websites provide the results in JSON format which can be converted into a lua table.

so i can print hello world on a piece of paper from a ROBLOX script?

Yes, but that was a simple example.

then why does all this stuff require me to make accounts and download software?

for example akp4 suggessted RoProxy which wanted me to enter my sensitive information in there website to create an account then download there software

source: RoProxy.com - A free, rotating proxy for Roblox APIs

i dont want to download things just to make my roblox game:

You don’t have to install anything? You just may need to use a proxy service, since Roblox may or may not allow data requests. My personal favourite one has always been Hyra.io, although I do not know if they do follower stuff.

I will be unavailable for a while. Contact someone else if you need help. I’ts 1:30 AM for me.

when i click on a link and see this

i dont know what to do. it looks like i need to download this to my pc then download a different software just to run it and then i learn its all in python