1 Robux daily login bonus

Before I had OBC I had a few alts that I used.
What struck me the most was how difficult it was to afford my first set of clothes for my character.
It took me weeks just to afford my first set of pants and shirts.

What I suggest is that people be give 1 robux daily login bonus.
This would engage players more, make it feel less like a pay2play platform and more like a community. It’s no fun running around in free noob shirts/hats/charactermeshes, you want to customize your character without paying real money for it. Giving free outfits doesn’t give you that freedom.
It’s like choosing between getting 20 bucks to eat anywhere or free soup at soup kitchen.

I suggest 1 Robux daily login bonus, for the robloxian people!
crowd goes wild

56 Likes

The problem with that is that currently it’s only possible to get robux by paying money for them (either through BC, or buying them directly).

Giving them out for free would cause a lot of inflation.

16 Likes

We’ve had 10 tix per day for free since the dawn of roblox.
Giving 1 robux is equivalent to 17 tix.

It’s abit of a stretch but so is removing tix all together.

7 Likes

The distinction is that tickets were free currency and ROBUX were paid currency. You can only trade tickets for ROBUX because other users are willing to trade with you. No new ROBUX are added to the economy when you trade tickets for ROBUX.

Adding new ROBUX to the economy for something as common as users logging in would devalue ROBUX and make users less likely to pay for them.

It’s also way too easy to bot. If you write a simple script to create a couple of thousand accounts and log them in every day you are suddenly making thousands of ROBUX. Even if captcha was added to every login you could just create 15 accounts manually and get one of the primary benefits of BC for free.

22 Likes

Hmm… True dat…
But even if they cant stop the bots it’s still the same. People have used bots to get tix until now and giving them another currency doesn’t change that. They still loose heavily on transferring robux etc.

In my experience, giving stuff for free increase profits. Instead of having 1 person paying and 10 people leaving roblox you have 2 people paying and 3 people leaving roblox (7 people stays). They leave cause they don’t feel involved. It feels like a pay2play game with no real reason to pay cause they dont care about the games or character apperance.

I fear that this change of no login reward will negatively affect the amount of new players joining roblox AND make those who does not pay or profit from roblox leave permanently.

3 Likes

One of the reasons stated for removing tickets was to remove the need to login every day

Not only that, but a daily robux will destroy the economy.

3 Likes

That was part of their reasoning for removing tix. Same for the reduction in Video ad revenue.
I think the same as you in that “free” things are not so bad for Roblox in that it helps with player retention.

2 Likes

I don’t think you account for all potential players that you loose by strapping up roblox into a pay2play platform.

1 Like

It’s not pay to play. ROBLOX is still free regardless of if it has a login bonus or not.

1 Like

You can play with a character that can’t change appearance unless you pay or use basic free clothes (that another 1,000 players already wear).

Yes that is very pay2play.

2 Likes

A non-customized character does not restrict you from any aspect on ROBLOX besides “looking cool”.

Everything else is fully accessible regardless of the amount of money you have. (besides purchasing things to decorate your game like thumbnails, but that’s not playing.)

1 Like

Being yourself is a huge part of the roblox platform. Not being able to look the way you want is a huge turnoff.

3 Likes

Then doesn’t that mean Roblox should instead release more free items in the catalog instead of giving a 1 robux daily log-in bonus?

5 Likes

Okay, but that doesn’t mean it’s pay to play. That term is being used across the site incorrectly. Unless ROBLOX requires you to have builders club in order to play a game, it’s still free to play. Lack of clothing does not prevent this.

With that logic, ROBLOX is pay to play right now.
“I want to wear 3 dominus at once but I don’t have money to buy them and the only way to get money is to buy it with real life money or purchase builders club omg pay to play”

That’s not pay to play. That’s just people complaining and

3 Likes

Actually the whole pay-to-play thing people are complaining about is that large sections of the catalog suddenly become ‘premium content’ without a means of getting some sort of currency for participating in the Roblox game.

Before you could, in theory, save up those tickets in order to purchase these hats so, in the user’s mind, that isn’t pay-to-play.

1 Like

Tbh it was always premium content.

Let’s take a 1k robux item for an example

That’s going to take about 1,700 days to gain enough tickets to convert to robux, assuming it’s a 17:1 ratio. So you’re telling me that people are going to spend 4.658 years to save up for one item?

ROBLOX hasn’t been around for long enough for that to even be possible for that to happen, nor will the user be alive by the time they gain the money. They also would have to log in every single day. My statement still applies.

2 Likes

Yeah, my 4000 year plans of gathering tickets are now foiled.

There is nothing stopping people from creating games with gamepasses at 90% tax. (There is a way around this tax, as I suggested in a different thread: Game Publishers.)

1 Like

As I said, its the fact that the possibility is there without a prerequisite of having to either fork over money or have the skill to create a game to sell products on. Think of it as donation rather than fixed prices. How often do you buy from humble bundle compared with steam?

Just the fact that a user feels they can get everything is motivation enough to keep them here based on personal experience.
I used to want Wanwood antlers and would see my tickets rising each day and would keep on calculating how long it would take to get my own. This in turn motivated me to make games to speed up this process, generating content (and revenue) for Roblox.

The big point about tickets is as small as they may be, they are a psychological tool to ensure that users stay on Roblox which is something that Roblox clearly want to be doing considering they are always quoting active users and used this as a reason to remove mobile video ads.

3 Likes

I Agree 100%
1 Robux makes a tremendous impact on the overall feel of the platform!

1 Like

tl;dr 1. (:confused:) 2. This is not a good idea…

Doing this simply is not a good idea because it will not solve the reason they removed tickets… in fact it will make it worse. Roblox is trying to move to the point where us developers make the roblox experience not them, As a step to help Players out and make them NOT look “Nooby” or whatever you can implement a feature in your games that will allow players to go through a catalog and wear what they like ( in fact this can be rather profiting for you )

If you really want your character on roblox to look good you simply need to step up your game, and its not even that hard I mean roblox already said they will offer some free catalog items and stuff, but if you want to make your self look better you can still do that and here is how:

1. If you have friends that have money maybe ask them to lend you some? (Not BC? Group Distribute plz )
  2. Creating a simple game: You don’t have to make a professional game but something that can get you some robux even if it is a little bit ( a bit harder of a step but still )
  3. Buy BC and Make your own look: It really isn’t that huge of a price I mean $5 a month isn’t bad and while your BC you can make money and also make your own stuff easily!
  4. Join a Catalog group a friend made and make shirts in exchange for Robux: You can send your friend a shirt/pants template they can upload it to the group and sell it, and whatever those shirts/pants get is then distributed to you!

Anyway I really hope you do understand why Roblox is taking such a step when removing tickets, they are not just doing that for laughs and giggles or makes it less work for them ( some how :confused: )