(100 USD + revenue) Backdoor Studios seeking builders and artists!

About us :smiley:
Hey there developers! Welcome to Backdoor Studios, we are a new upcoming game studio who seeks to create high-quality front page games for all robloxians to enjoy. We are currently looking for experienced builders and artists for our upcoming game Turf Wars. The development has already started and most of the gameplay mechanics are done, what we lack now is the map and other GUI elements. If you want to check out the unfinished game here is the link:

Owners portfolio :notebook_with_decorative_cover:
Here is my portfolio

About Turf war
Turf war is the first major creation of Backdoor Studios. It is a shooter/RPG game in the gangster/hood genre. The turf war is based in a small city called Hoodburg, 3 rival gangs have been battling it out there for over a decade now, this is a seemingly endless struggle for power. They fight for territory, they fight for power and mostly they fight for Dominance.

The gameplay is based around the territorial struggle between these gangs. You play as a thug, some may call you a Ro-thug but either way your goal is to fight. Eliminate rival gang members, mark territory with spraypaint, or fight in an all-out zone capturing war. Do activities to gain territory for your gang, and rep and cash for yourself. Climb up the ranks inside your gang and climb up the food chain by upgrading your weaponry. Keep climbing and someday you might become the Kingpin of Hoodburg.

For the game, we are also aiming for a specific type of artistic style. In other words, we are overdoing the gangster stereotypes. Here are some examples of our over the top artistic direction:

Glock Idle animation:

(You can probably guess by looking at the overhead GUI where we are going with the ranks :stuck_out_tongue: )

Brokashis garage sale:

In the future, we are also planning on bringing in cool features like a campaign, Custom gangs, and interconnected discord channels to strengthen the community.

The Team
local Owner/Lead Scripter = @Legenderox
local API/Discord Engineer = @Enebz
local Builder = @empty
local Builder = @empty
local Artist = @empty

Builder
As the builder, it is your job to make the map and other shops and buildings we may require. The map is gonna be based on a small town in England and we have a detailed map of that town. You should be good at making buildings that are in the hood genre like houses, apartments, stores, and nightclubs. Here are some examples of our existing builds.

Payment builder:moneybag:
30-40% of the revenue is reserved for this role as these roles as builders. But we also have 100 USD+ to spend if needed ++ A digital contract also has to be signed ++

Artist
The Artist creates most of the artwork for the game. Things like GUI, Item Icons and other 2D decoration are what you gonna be expecting to make. Here are some examples of art we have now.

Payment Artist:moneybag:
20% of the revenue is reserved for this role as these roles as builders. But we also have 100 USD+ to spend if needed. ++ A digital contract also has to be signed ++

You can contact me here on the Developer Forum or via:
Our Discord Channel - Discord
Discord - Legenderox#2954

Thanks for your time :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Invite is expired for some odd reason.

3 Likes

This game idea is against the TOS, gang affiliation in any way is not allowed.

2 Likes

I suggest making gang, a group or criminals, something more, kod friendly! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi, i’m an artist who is interested in the artist job! I will send a discord FR.

Happy to fill in that Builder position, sent you a request on discord

Yes sorry didnt think of that :laughing:, thanks for the suggestion, I will make sure to change that later.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.