1:1 Heightmap generator

hmm, I changed it back to street view and refreshed and it working now…

Does anyone know if using the raw json methode verses just png import terrain, going to have better detail?

I never got the raw json working but what from I’ve read is that the raw json doesn’t import terrain. It just imports buildings. If the image is all black you’ll have to adjust the intensity.

ah ok

umm adjust the intensity where? I do not see that setting on the web map thingy

or what about using the raw file then a converter to jpg or png , via gimp or something?

There should be a info button and when you click that, there should be a pop out window thing that allows you to change a bunch of settings including the intensity of the height map.

hmm, I have looked through all the setting and every icon, but do not see that one specific setting. thanks tho

also it seems for me that the heightmap does not always seem to be generating from where there map is at… like this one has high things in the upper left where there is not any, let alone missing all of the middle

These two determine the intensity of the height map. There is a different version of the website linked in one of the replies. I think it’s less buggy.

1 Like

Use filestar for the convertion, its great and free

With the original website broken, due to the API key being expired, this is the only option left. And it just happens to be exactly what I’m looking for. Though, is the heightmap supposed to have grid lines in it?

Edit: To stop the grid, uncheck these two. I think you can actually leave marker on, as IIRC it puts a tall pillar in the northeast corner

Nother edit: The original website seems to be working now.

1 Like

Hello, I am checking this out again, but after I unchecked grid, there is a black like shadow on the right side… did you ever have that problem?

Also do you know if there is a way of increasing the size of the area you can select, so that you can get a bigger area?

This is when I down load it as a .png

Also, why is the satellite image that you download, not the same size as the heightmap? because then it could be used for a color map. But they are not the same size.

This also happens with grid enabled, it seems to be a glitch with the website and cannot be fixed.

Other download methods… Well…

Is the heightmap not working? The heightmap is black on the modified site but, it would not let me download the heightmap on the skydark website.