15 Jointed Character

Just something I made in two hours.

Wouldn’t it be neat if we could have characters like this by default?

epic gif by echo

This is pretty cool. I don’t know how I would use it if it was a default character. But I’m sure I would somehow.

Do you plan on using this for anything?

/e dance3 = boss

Even if we just had double-jointed legs+arms instead of the single-jointed limbs it would be amazing. It’s impossible to make a decent looking 2-h weapon holding animation because you have to dislocate both elbows from their sockets just to be able to grip the 2-h weapon correctly:

I’ve always refrained from making my own multi-jointed limbs just because I could never find a way to make it look good using just parts, and even if I did it would never work with shirts because we don’t have ImageRectSize/Offset for decals/textures. If someone provided double-jointed limbed characters that looked about as aesthetically pleasing as the 1.0 characters, any person using 2-h weapons (i.e. guns, bows, spears, etc) in their games would use these to no end because it’d enable us to make weapon-holding animations that didn’t disjoin both arms from their sockets.

omw 2 steal ur gurl - the animation

/e dance3

lol

Just asking, who walks like that? XD, nice, btw.

Agreed. I did play around with this concept, but it required some ugly hacks to work which I’m assuming Davidii ran into as well.

I couldn’t ever get the animations to look nice though :confused:

Mr steal ur girl does. :swag:

Mr steal ur girl does. :swag:[/quote]

Jokes on him, I like guys.

huehuehue

W or S really fast to become a chicken.

I really didn’t have to do any nasty hacks at all. This was easy, by and large.

I’d like to see how you intend to implement a players shirt and pants onto such a character.

[quote] Just something I made in two hours.
Wouldn’t it be neat if we could have characters like this by default?
[/quote]

I’d be nice not to be dwarves for once.

Based on the images shown here this doesn’t appeal to me very much and I wouldn’t use this in a game.

If you mean some sort of dynamic mesh that fills in the gaps of the knees/elbows/etc then it’s a different story.

[quote] Based on the images shown here this doesn’t appeal to me very much and I wouldn’t use this in a game.

If you mean some sort of dynamic mesh that fills in the gaps of the knees/elbows/etc then it’s a different story. [/quote]

Still better than what we have?

[quote] Based on the images shown here this doesn’t appeal to me very much and I wouldn’t use this in a game.

If you mean some sort of dynamic mesh that fills in the gaps of the knees/elbows/etc then it’s a different story. [/quote]

Still better than what we have?[/quote]

If you exclude the animations, yes. With the animations, no.

Still better than what we have?[/quote]

I’m not sure if they are “better”… The characters right now are a style that may not fit for certain games, but that doesn’t mean they are “bad”, they work quite well for most games.

Also the kinetic mesh thing I meant was for example how LEGO does character animation in their videogames, so it would be the same proportions as the character we have now and then be able to “bend” the arms and legs. The clothing would be applied the same way. I’d definitely like that.

Vertex deformation is definitely something that ROBLOX isn’t doing in the short term.

Also your hurted my feelings with the harsh critique of my animations .-.

There’s nothing wrong with the animations themselves. D: I’m just not a fan of the elbow/knee gaps/ and the fact that you can’t make good characters with multiple joints that can use shirts/pants.

There’s nothing wrong with the animations themselves. D: I’m just not a fan of the elbow/knee gaps/ and the fact that you can’t make good characters with multiple joints that can use shirts/pants.[/quote]

If you had some good meshes you could get rid of those gaps. That’s just something I don’t have.