15 Jointed Character

I think I would rather die.

Good job on the technical side though. Does it work with FilteringEnabled? and is it using the animation system or a custom one?

Holy crap bro, what’s the problem?

I used the default system.

Found a no clip bug when you try to use the character terrain climbing bug.

Edit: found an easier way to reproduce no clip bug

By default, do you mean making every player this way in every game? e_e

There’d be so much rage. Soooo much rage…

[quote] By default, do you mean making every player this way in every game? e_e

There’d be so much rage. Soooo much rage… [/quote]

In my ideal world it would be a combination of developer and user choice.

[quote] Found a no clip bug when you try to use the character terrain climbing bug.

Edit: found an easier way to reproduce no clip bug

[/quote]

This is probably due to the miniscule size of the torso/humanoid root part.

Would look nicer with fitted mesh segments. Imo I would die if we had characters that were like this and blocky.

I think if ROBLOX was doing this they would use special meshes, yes.

[quote] By default, do you mean making every player this way in every game? e_e

There’d be so much rage. Soooo much rage… [/quote]

In my ideal world it would be a combination of developer and user choice.[/quote]

That’d be cool. Though it’d be a really weird transition from super realistic human bodies to roblox-style lego people every time you go to a different game. xD

Hey, since a few people seemed interested in this and also in accomplishing something similar to this, I figured I should give it out. Here’s everything you need to get started making a game with a fifteen jointed character, all packaged into a nice little uncopylocked place:

Please send me / post about what you do with this! I’d be excited to see.

[quote] Hey, since a few people seemed interested in this and also in accomplishing something similar to this, I figured I should give it out. Here’s everything you need to get started making a game with a fifteen jointed character, all packaged into a nice little uncopylocked place:

Please send me / post about what you do with this! I’d be excited to see. [/quote]

Place closed

[quote] Hey, since a few people seemed interested in this and also in accomplishing something similar to this, I figured I should give it out. Here’s everything you need to get started making a game with a fifteen jointed character, all packaged into a nice little uncopylocked place:

Please send me / post about what you do with this! I’d be excited to see. [/quote]

Place closed[/quote]

Now active, but I think that you could have edited it regardless.

Couldn’t you easily fix the limb gaps by just putting the joint pivots at the front/back of the joint depending on where it rotates?
Pretty easy to do. So the top part of the leg and bottom would be connected where a knee would be, instead of in the center.
That’s what I’ve always done.

i’m working on a game with a similar sort of thing. he only has 10 joints, though.

p.s. his hands are no longer blobs, i’ve switched to mesh hands.

[strike]Just curious, but what are the dimensions (height, width, arm/leg length) of the character?[/strike]
Nevermind, just saw the second place link

I’d prefer not to be the Hunchback of Notre Dame but I would love characters with more joints. I could make some legit fighting games because it’s impossible to get an accurate hook animation without the elbow joint and grappling just looks outlandish.

And then I got trapped in the floor and rotted over many years of being stuck

I’ve always been the 1.0 or riot kind of guy.

No exceptions, I would purge my places only to allow 1.0 bodies if a body like this made it to a default.

Nothing personal, though.

k sorry I wanted to help people make more interesting games

You took it personal.