15 Jointed Character

You took it personal.[/quote]

Why wouldn’t I? Didn’t yo momma tell ya not to say anything if you ain’t got nothin’ nice to say? Your post made it sound like my invention was a disease.

You took it personal.[/quote]

Why wouldn’t I? Didn’t yo momma tell ya not to say anything if you ain’t got nothin’ nice to say? Your post made it sound like my invention was a disease.[/quote]

Look Davidii, you’re so gung ho about this, and that’s awesome. Be passionate, that’s why you went as far to become an Intern, and the work that took it’s honestly amazing. However, just because you’re passionate doesn’t mean you should discredit or automatically dismiss opposite viewpoints as being mean, or wrong.

You say said its better than the default, I disagree, I say bodies now are a part of the Roblox charm. Its no different than Studio tools and plugins. Do I think Roblox studio tools are any good? No. So I don’t use them. Do I like that body? No. So i’d never use it.

Are you wrong? No, but am I wrong? No. Opinions make the world go round.

It’ll never happen because there’s a plethora of issues with it.

1) Many games modify the character. Introducing new part names would hurt

2) All animations (such as gear) would need to be backwards compatible, but would look ridiculous anyways

3) Old clothes wouldn’t fit well, and it would be hard to make people adapt to a new, more complex UV map.

4) A height change would make doors weird and characters wouldn’t look right in things designed for smaller characters (vehicles, etc)

5) Due to more parts, the rig will be heavier making some stuff not behave as expected

So there’s too many issues to make the change worth it. Your best bet is to release this system as a module so that the small percent of people who want it, can add it. Sorry bro 1.0 for life

[quote] It’ll never happen because there’s a plethora of issues with it.

2) All animations (such as gear) would need to be backwards compatible, but would look ridiculous anyways

3) Old clothes wouldn’t fit well, and it would be hard to make people adapt to a new, more complex UV map.

4) A height change would make doors weird and characters wouldn’t look right in things designed for smaller characters (vehicles, etc)

5) Due to more parts, the rig will be heavier making some stuff not behave as expected

So there’s too many issues to make the change worth it. Your best bet is to release this system as a module so that the small percent of people who want it, can add it. Sorry bro 1.0 for life [/quote]

It is very easy to take the same size character and cut all the parts ( excluding the head ) into 2 and make joints at those points. Then the character will be the same height, weigh the same and the clothes could fit the same. Current animations would unarguably look bad, but it would be nice if someone even just released an easy-to-use multi-jointed character that developers could implement in their games if they wanted to.

[quote] It’ll never happen because there’s a plethora of issues with it.

So there’s too many issues to make the change worth it. Your best bet is to release this system as a module so that the small percent of people who want it, can add it. Sorry bro 1.0 for life [/quote]
1-3 are all legit but 4-5 are irrelevant because this character is 5 studs tall and lighter than the default character.

This is where we seem to have the biggest conflict. I don’t think there should be such a thing as “ROBLOX charm,” each game on ROBLOX should be its own thing. The overarching ROBLOX influence in all games is hopefully something we eventually abandon as a vestige of the past.

This is where we seem to have the biggest conflict. I don’t think there should be such a thing as “ROBLOX charm,” each game on ROBLOX should be its own thing. The overarching ROBLOX influence in all games is hopefully something we eventually abandon as a vestige of the past.[/quote]

This is where I disagree.

That being said, each game on Roblox can be it’s own thing. Want 15 jointed body in your game? Make it, animate it, it’ll be that much more unique.

This is where we seem to have the biggest conflict. I don’t think there should be such a thing as “ROBLOX charm,” each game on ROBLOX should be its own thing. The overarching ROBLOX influence in all games is hopefully something we eventually abandon as a vestige of the past.[/quote]

This is where I disagree.

That being said, each game on Roblox can be it’s own thing. Want 15 jointed body in your game? Make it, animate it, it’ll be that much more unique.[/quote]

You need to think of things from the perspective of the company. Keeping old users happy is obviously important. But adding things that may attract new users is also smart to do. I’ve heard many people say that ROBLOX characters look dumb and that’s why they don’t play. It’s all a matter of whether or not this will bring in new users.

I think it could. But it would obviously need to be a toggle. There are roblox games that are fully custom (such as Angels Fifteen, or Animation Lab, etc) and then there are games that users play for more of a social gaming experience with their avatar. For non-avatar games, these models could definitely look better with the right animations put into it.

Keep in mind that you have a bias opinion as a veteran user. Just because you don’t like something, doesn’t mean somebody brand new to ROBLOX won’t.