16 Years of Roblox

I don’t think I’ve seen a more savage post in my entire life.

3 Likes

2008: I didn’t have enough space to store the lego I would need to build the things I wanted. Had my mom search for online building bricks. Everything that was Lego brand cost money. Roblox was free. I built this: Mimi16556's First place ever - Roblox
2009: I used the old contest feature to get more places on my account without having builders club. Course I could still only have one of them active at a time. I think I made a dozen accounts I can’t remember just to get more places to build.
2010: I made this account and a game called Playtopia. Refused to play all other games on Roblox because they were for boys (aw wasn’t I cute?). I grew out of that phase.
2011-2013: Played Pixie Hollow instead of Roblox. Loved it. Died inside when they closed it. Came crawling back to Roblox.
2014-15: Made this: Robloxia Zoo - Roblox Got moderately popular. Not front page. Got obsessed with Paintball, Murder Mystery, Apocalypse Rising, Stalker, Juggernaut, Possession and Darkness. Bought builders club so I could be a fashion designer.
2016: Started really trying to develop. Made some games that were never released. Finally made a virtual dance studio community group and got 150K + members. Realized they are right when they say “make when you know.”
2017: Released Dance Your Blox Off with @DarthChadius. Hit the front page once and started to DevEx. Bought my sister her first real ballet tutu. Making plans to start “Girls in Tech” programs, videos and other inspirational stuff for girls.

I honestly love Roblox and I do not know what I’d be doing right now without it.

4 Likes

2007 - Started playing Roblox, on a username i can’t find back to, then moving on to my current username in 2009.
2008 - playing random games, started with studio once that came out.
2009 - Playing games and playing around with free models. Made this new username Master3395
2010 - Joined a war group called The Robloxian Army TRA (was one of the first 10 members)
2011 - Started developing bigger games.
2012 - One of my games was getting bigger.
2013 - One of my games, was nr 1 on the front page, for 3 days, before it fell down to third page and future. - Became an RBXDev member. The Walking Dead Survival Instinct Tycoon - Roblox
2014 - Starting to develop for TRA
2015 - Developing for TRA.
2016 - Stopped developing for TRA, starting for my self again. Joined Roblox QA
2017 - Doing small scripting jobs.

2 Likes

Do you mean on someone else’s account? Guest accounts didn’t exist in 2007

I started playing with a username i can’t find back to, It was my own username, wasn’t someone else’s account.
And then i ended up playing as guest when that came later on, and then i made the username Master3395 in 2009.

2 Likes

2012: Joined Roblox. My first game was Welcome To Roblox building. Then Lando’s Hide and Seek. 8-year-old me found it cool that I could play hide and seek on this thing
2013: I got very addicted to Sandbox and played that for a few months. Literally.
2014: Not much happened in terms of Roblox, but I did try to make a game in build mode (ouch)
2015: Got addicted to Lumber Tycoon 2. Joined the wiki and became a moderator for a while. LT2 fueled the idea for my first game built in studio, although that only lasted a couple of weeks. Around December, I found MM2 and tried to make a sword game, which wasn’t too bad, apart from the fact it was literally 100% freemodels
2016: Discovered Assassin, and made maps for it. They weren’t great and they didn’t end up getting accepted and I was sad. Decided to ditch building and learn scripting after a couple of months of forgetting about Studio altogether. This was in August, if I remember correctly. I was (and still am) obsessed with theme parks, so I tried to make a little theme park tycoon game based on the old SEGA Theme Park. Then Theme Park Tycoon 2 came out, and I was sad again. In the last few months of that year, I started making a murder game called The Target
2017: In January I was still making that murder game, but I ditched it in favour of a roleplay game I was making with a friend. Turns out I don’t really like working for other people, so I left that and it all fell apart. That’s when I started making Turbo, and launched my group SIGMA Studio. Turbo is a game I would like to get back to, but I took a break because the scripting was a bit advanced for me. I started working on a farm tycoon game with my best Roblox friend at the time in early August, but he quit Roblox. He was working on another game that was to be published under our then co-owned SIGMA Studio with someone else, so I hired her as his replacement on the farm tycoon. We’re still working on that project and it’s going pretty well :stuck_out_tongue:
2017 has been a great year for me so far, getting into the DevForum and going to RDC UK, really lucky to be here and to have been there :smiley:
Fun fact about me: I don’t really like gaming at all. I used to, but I think I have lost my attention span. The only sort of game I enjoy playing is those little addictive mobile games like Flappy Bird, Piano Tiles etc - so I decided to start a piano tiles clone a couple of weeks ago as a side project

(edit: sorry for the length of this, I just got very bored)

tl;dr: joined 2012, started taking developing seriously in 2016, devforum and rdc 2017, a few games and stuff inbetween

2 Likes

2011: Started playing Roblox after clicking a Youtube ad about Roblox while watching some Lego videos. Played roblox for 1-2 months as a guest then I decided to make my account in may.
2012: Mainly played on Personal Servers as well as making my own city building servers on Islands. Also the year when I started experimenting in Roblox studio with random things that soon turned into making a Sinking Ship model using a conventional sinking mechanism. https://www.roblox.com/catalog/72385129/Ship-Free-to-take Then I realised that I can use the terrain water to create a much more realistic sinking ship. I uploaded this to Roblox for fun so I could play on it and mess around with the ship.
2013: Sinking Ship suddenly made its way to the front page one day and that is where everything started to take off for me.
2014: I continued to update Sinking Ship but soon turned to making a new game that switched between ships making the game more interesting Sinking Ship Simulator that today is quite outdated as I went back to updating Sinking Ship. This is also when I started to use DevEx that helped to motivate me to keep updating my games and build new games. This is also the year I got into groups and made my first real group called Lux Coffee.
2015: Not sure what I did in this year lol, All I did was update Sinking Ship and Sinking Ship Simulator and experimented with the new roblox APIs. Also the year when I started to fully understand Roblox Lua and where everything clicked and made seance.
2016: I started to work on a new game called Shipping Lanes that utilised the new knowledge I gained in Roblox Lua. Also the year when one of my other groups called State of Docklands took off and got popular.
2017: I started to leave my groups and focus more on Developing games. I revamped Sinking Ship and built 2 Brand new ships over the months to replace the old ageing ship that I made 6 years ago.
2018: I basically did nothing and relaxed
2019: Did the same as the year before
2020: I forgot what I did in this year lol

I absolutely love Roblox as it has been a great platform for me to get creative without any limits.

3 Likes

My tenth year is coming in April - maybe by then I’ll have my first game released :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

2008: Joined roblox. Created game called “Last 1 Alive”. Created game called “Build a raft to survive”. Created a motorcycle freemodel that for some reason got a lot of takes. Created an obstacle game using the motorcycles. All of these games were on the front page at the same time, haha.
2009: Created game called Rofortress 2.
2010: Created Last 1 Alive 2, but never finished it.
2011: Created a minecraft game in roblox, but it was moderated pretty heavily.
2012: Left roblox.
2017: Making a WW2 fps in roblox :slight_smile:

2 Likes

2009 : Joined roblox
2010 : ¯|(ツ)
2011 : ¯|(ツ)
2012 : ¯|(ツ)
2013 : ¯|(ツ)
2014 : ¯|(ツ)
2015 : ¯|(ツ)
2016 : ¯|(ツ)
2017: benefits !

6 Likes

A true visionary

3 Likes

2010: Played for one day on two different accounts
2012: Joined on the account I currently reside on today and just kinda played games
2013: Starting getting into scripting and made a part that changes transparency when you step on it
2014: Made my first round system for an auto obby game
2015: Started work on a now cancelled project(Food Fight)
2016: Messed around with a few other cancelled projects and took UI design more seriously
2017: Developing a game I might actually finish this time with my vast knowledge of Lua over the years

I wonder what lies in the future.

2 Likes

lel, that was earlyish 2017.

Oh was it? I thought it was in late 2016-ish lol.

Eh: oh well. Close enough I suppose.

As for me,

Late 2008 - Joined roblox under Chopin(soon afterwards made Alkan but it wasn’t used loads)
Early 2009 - Created HatHelper, which soon became my main account. Created BrokenBone(my current main but never used it)
Late 2009 - Started learning how to script
2010 - Made my first front page games(Infinite Mining, ROBLOX Space Rock Miners)
2011 - First created The Conquerors and Blow Stuff Up For Fun 2(a decently popular game at the time)
2012 - Rescripted The Conquerors from the ground up, named it TC2
2013 - Got deleted on HatHelper
Late 2015 - Started rescripting The Conquerors from the ground up
March 2016 - Released TC3 for paid access
May 2016 - Released TC3 for everyone. Promptly hit #2 on front page
2017 - Became an Accelerator intern for roblox and bought my first car and paid off in full thanks to roblox

1 Like