17+ Experiences Can Add Support for Strong Language

I would love to have such RatingService or CensorService with not only detecting 13+ or 17+ but also unverified vs verified 13+ which I can let the player see s### or a## (if it’s not towards an individual or group) but not f### while they are not allowed to say any of the swear words in the chat. They should allow us to have special string control too, and maybe utilize the same thing as they do with translations?

Meanings can change (which can be specific to 13+ players or not) a lot with a word replace so changing a whole string is important.

I want to make a game where it’s not only “realistic” because of the swear words but meaning and individual engagement changes based on age group.

2 Likes

Bruh they add strong language but not a single chat update for consoles? like why at least add text chat to consoles

1 Like

I am sorry but is this a unfunny joke?

I would certainly be hoping that the Roblox Moderators are informed that 17+ experiences are allowed to have swearing.

11 Likes

I think it only allows the F and S word

3 Likes

It seems that Roblox moderators and the moderation bot don’t know about this yet and aren’t updated. This is kinda bad

2 Likes

You kind of did that to yourself. On the bottom of the topic, it states;

So you were not wrongfully flagged.

4 Likes

What? The game was literally a baseplate and a spawn. Nothing else. I was just testing out new features on that game. I never mentioned anything about having a inappropriate asset in game.

The ban reason literally says I got banned for my game not having a chat filter, which was because I had strong language enabled on the Creator Page.

3 Likes

Was baseplate test actually tagged for +17 so it wold only show up in the +17 section or did you just do this on a regular public test server? Otherwise, I would have been banned too because I was churning out banned words non-stop as I posted a screenshot of it earlier in this topic. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Complain to Microsoft, they don’t allow a chat service on Xbox. :neutral_face:

4 Likes

I support this update because the chat filter is the worst thing ever but, I don’t think I’ve ever come across a game where a person talked to me and wasn’t attempting to do any of that. I turn my chat off because of it.

2 Likes

Thanks for giving us this update, plus AI would be great to detect if what people are saying is harmful/hate speech/extras or just regular chatting. That would improve the Chat Filter BY ALOT!

1 Like

This is false. There are way more than 50 people verified. Voice chat games had thousands back when vc was only for id verified

5 Likes

I tried to redo the questionnaire and I never get the “Strong Language” question, why?

8 Likes

Pretty nice to see Roblox releasing this feature. You have made a lot of people happy Roblox :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Then oh well. Roblox isnt responsible at that point.

7 Likes

Then why does Fortnite have a voice chat option for Xbox?

4 Likes

Because Fortnite had better negotiators than Roblox :smile:

5 Likes

cc: @knightmb1

Roblox is working on a text/voice chat for console, its more of a question about how do you make chatting feel native and accessible

7 Likes

I was saying not many people are going to use their ID to verify, the 50 players thing was quite an exaggeration but still, the general casual community aren’t really gonna give their id to roblox just to swear in like 2 games.

4 Likes

you can leverage existing non-17+ assets in creative ways to showcase strong language content in your experience.

Are you telling us to YTP sentence mix together strong language for dialog?

4 Likes