1990s Suburban Home (WIP)

I really wanted to convey nostalgia in this build. I based most of the layout of this house off of the house I grew up in!

(Everything made by me using studio tools and f3x except for plant in living room and fridge :>)

I have a good amount of progress yet before I can call it finished.

(game link: past - Roblox)

Goals:
Start 2nd floor
Picture frames and extra details
1st floor Bathroom
Laundry Room.
Backyard

Any feedback is highly appreciated!

13 Likes

It looks good overall but you could have more detail in the 2nd photo.

Yeah I definitely agree. Once I add photos and different knick-knacks and small little things to the wall, it will look more full.

1 Like

It looks really nice! The colors definitely match the 1990s theme. I know older houses may not have as many windows as modern ones, but I suggest adding in a couple of windows to the last photo room.

If you want to feel the nostalgia and make it feel like it’s real, old and rusty, I’d recommend using textures. Textures really help make the build better in all ways. Find rusty concrete or something other and start texturing! You could also try to make broken walls or maybe the stairs look old.

ok thanks! I was thinking about making the game flash between a clean and warm household to broken picture frames and a dark atmosphere. I thought that would be a cool/creepy touch.

1 Like

Really nice! It actually feels like a 90s house!

The second photo is a bit undecorated, pictures would be nice, also some windows wouldn’t be bad :wink:

As others have said, it could use more decorating.

That being said, I love this concept. Definitely update this thread as you make progress! I’d be interested to see it.

The TV is very detailed and stands out compared to the fairly blank walls behind it. Some more wall ornamentation might help. Picture frames, clocks, etc.

Looks like it would belong very nicely in a Crazy Noisy Bizarre Town!

Wow, this amazing I love it! In my opinion maybe it would be cool
If you add some detail on the walls like wallpaper? As I remember was really popular at that time where I lived.

1 Like

The overall build is great, don’t get me wrong. But, you could possible place a painting or two in this hallway, as it seems somewhat blank.

Even so, great work! I’m looking forwards to seeing the end result!

yeah! im totally planning on adding different pictures and interesting knick knacks along the way to make it feel more quirky and like a home. everything else i plan to add is in the goals section, but i totally agree.

it was intentional, but i feel as though its too much of a personal detail. when i was growing up, there was always different colors of lights in the lamps just because of the different lightbulbs. also some of the lightbulbs would go out and we would be too lazy to change them, so it leaves a orangy tone haha. ill probably change that but it reminded me of my house growing up.

1 Like

This place looks like an underground bunker on steroids. What I’d say to do would be to first of all redo the stair railing completely; it’s too short and not realistic enough. Likewise, I’d try to populate the rooms with more furniture and add picture frames to empty walls. I’d personally add textures to the walls since the concrete doesn’t quite fit the look too well.

1 Like

i think the railing looks fine, in my goals section up there ^ i said i definitely wanted to add more picture frames and other house type things to give it a more realistic house feeling! i totally agree with that. and interesting for the textures, i havent really thought about adding textures, but if i did what texture would you recommend? thanks for the input!

It seems to go great at the moment, thing is that it feels to be kind of empty, try to place more furniture. You can add shelves and pictures aswell so it looks less empty

Good luck!

I’d recommend any random drywall or concrete texture… as long as you set its transparency to 0.5.

1 Like

Woah! Sweet builds, maybe you could add some pictures on the wall to fill in the blank space in that hallway on picture 2?

Otherwise looking awesome!

1 Like

The one thing I don’t like is the wood color. Maybe it’s just me, but adjusting the wood color for the walls and couch may improve it in my opinion.

Great job overall though!

1 Like

thank you! i am definitely going to add some picture frames and knick-knack type things along the walls and scattered throughout the house. thanks for the input