1st Personal Project Thumbnail

Hello, my name is PirateCasher and I am looking for some feedback on a thumbnail I made as a personal little project. Inspiration was from @Yurpleys thumbnail. Pretty decent graphic designs. All feedback is welcome, and I would love to hear from all of you!

5 Likes

A lot better than mine, lighting is really good.

1 Like

Very good GFX. But I don’t understand this part:
Why are there two glasses?

1 Like

It was a reflection on the window that I couldn’t get to go away.

From looking at the thumbnail, I’m guessing you’re creating a race type of game or something similar two that, if so it’s good at the start.

The character in the vehicle looks as if he is invisible like from the image it just looks like a floating head in the car do you mind giving the character some clothes or something so the body doesn’t blend in with the entire car I’m sure he doesn’t have a body?

Try moving the head a little away from the glass as from looking at it, I can see the hair is peeking out through the glass is that intentional or is that just the reflection from he’s hair?

Maybe add something interested to the character like what is he looking at another car so on and so forth. I’d recommend giving the scene a little more detail, add something to make it pop instead of the character driving a car, like for an example maybe add another car so it shows what he’s looking at something along those two lines.

Overall nice job though glad your getting inspiration from other’s work: :slightly_smiling_face:

Looks nice, although could be better in many ways:

1. Lightning isn’t the best.
  2. This looks quite out of place.image
    The colours on the mask and glasses don’t match with the background.
1 Like

The character does have clothes, but they are dark and seem to blend in with the car. The hair also doesnt peek out of the window, it is again just the reflection that I couldnt figure out. There was also no exact purpose for the thumbnail (no game), I just liked @Yurpleys thumbnail and wanted to do my own little version of it. If I was making it for a game, I would have added more detail. Thanks for the feedback!

Yeah, the lighting was especially bland when it came to the character. I was trying to make the mask have emission, and the reflection just ended up very strange in many ways. Thanks for the feedback!

1 Like

You’re welcome, let me know if I can help!

I know you are more of a 4D user, but do you know of any way that I could potentially get rid of that reflection without getting rid of the front window’s reflection? All the windows are connected as 1 material, so when I adjust one, all are adjusted.

Probably photoshop to add a similar texture as the hair so the darker blue gets hidden. Basically what you do is select a part of the hair using the marquee tool and then you click C to copy it, and then you click V to paste it on top of the reflection and then adjust the size accordingly.
It’s a good way of hiding unwanted stuff.I hope it helps you out otherwise you can DM me and I can help you out.

Thank you! I do actually know of this technique but never really thought of using it for hiding mistakes. I will keep this in mind for the future.

1 Like