2020 ON-SITE Spring Accelerator Opportunity

We have seen that developers who are on-site work best with a partner. I highly recommend you look into teaming up with someone who compliments your skills; for example, if you really enjoy the building side of things, find someone who enjoys the programming side! Of course there are the Jacks of all Trades, but ultimately two heads are better than one (they also get twice as much work done :wink:)

1 Like

Unfortunate, but agreed. Trying to see if my friend that builds and does meshes is interested since he does it for fun currently. Thanks for the response.

1 Like

I am seriously interested in applying, but due to my current financial and job situation (working retail only gets you so far), I don’t think I’ll be able to.

I did apply to a software job that offers a remote position, so if I get the job I can quit my retail job and I’ll definitely be able to apply to the accelerator program!

If it does pan out like I’m hoping, you can expect to see @Spathi and I on the applicants list!

EDIT : I unfortunately cannot apply this year, maybe next year!

4 Likes

Are we allowed to commission people outside of our team that arent in the accelerator program? For example: thumbnails, audio, renders, etc

6 Likes

If we don’t have a team is their any opportunity for individual projects or team matchmaking?

I’m very interested in this, however I will be on the lookout for the summer accelerator announcement since I would have to miss a whole semester of college if I participated through April - May.

3 Likes

Shame I have to be in Cali to make this happen, Wish this was a program for remote Teams! But wish the best to all those who make the program!

4 Likes

I might actually do this because I wanna escape the snow ( but I guess I’ll need a partner this time :stuck_out_tongue: )

5 Likes

The offert sadly is not attractive for most of Eurasian developers.

2 Likes

Submitted my application! I am very excited to be part of a platform that provides opportunities like these.

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure there will be one for the Summer in the future. They usually announce it in 2020.

3 Likes

I cant wait until I am of age to apply!
Best of luck with everyone who is going to apply this year!

3 Likes

I meet all of the requirments, however I wouldn’t be able to attend because this would be occuring during school. Will there also be a Summer Accelerator this year?

3 Likes

It’s right there below the application link. There’s a Summer and Fall program.

2 Likes

I can’t even express how amazing it would feel to be considered for this type of opportunity. I am quite new to the forums itself; but I believe my development team 3Bytes and I will be able to showcase our dedication and skillset in the coming months.

Our real life development team consists of three full-time students at the University of Portland (Including myself). We have all sat down and already dedicated ourselves to consider this project and journey as a “full-time job”; while continuing our studies (Summer Classes). Relocation should not be a problem for us either. I plan on scheduling a meeting with my college advisor to get some further information on any possible credit hours for this type of program. Either way, this will not effect our decision in relocation. I have decided if needed I will take a term or two off of college; if accepted.

Thank you again for continuing to provide an amazing platform for developers to create.

2 Likes

I would want but I guess that need to meet Roblox in real life, I would prefer even in Roblox without being at HQ in real life lol. I live in Portugal, it’s too way expressive to go on U.S.A. Now see, in San Francisco that a lot money most likely. xd

1 Like

:smirk:
All it takes is a 2 months to remember how boring the midwest can get, and how much action there is in Cali.
For anyone on the fence, this is a life changing opportunity.

8 Likes

I wouldn’t worry about that, the pay from Roblox has always been more than enough to cover living and travel expenses.

3 Likes

But is it required to go on USA for Roblox HQ in real life?

1 Like

Yes says so in the first line of the FAQ

1 Like

Yep, knew it. I’m not paying with too much money.

Thanks. xD

2 Likes