2020 Spring Accelerator Mingling Thread

Interested in applying to the 2020 Spring Accelerator? Looking for a specific skill set? Or an entire team? This thread is a great place to post about it all!

Please ONLY post inquiries or portfolios. If you would like to converse with someone, please take it to DMs / Discord!

Minimum Requirements:

• All participants must be 18+ years old.
  • All teams must consist of AT LEAST 2 Developers.
  • A programmer and builder are required to be on-site.
  • Each team needs a designated team leader.

The program is set to run February - April / May. Dates will become more specific once we narrow down our application list, as we like to get a good idea of when you will be most available.

Deadline to Apply: September 6, 2019

This thread will be locked once applications close.

22 Likes

Hi! Iā€™m looking for an artist to join my team who can create character designs and user interface components for a card game. General design experience is a plus.

If youā€™re interested, hit me up on Discord at Chipio Industries#6773.

4 Likes

I have a question regarding this. What if itā€™s a 2 man team, where both developers constantly brainstorm together/bounce ideas off of eachother to make game decisions?

@Spathi and I constantly come up with ideas for our game, and we both deliberate with eachother on if they should be added to the game or not.

Is ā€œteam leaderā€ simply a title, or does the team leader have to make all of the decisions?

Team Leader is more or less a title to my understanding. The team leader is the person who fills out the application & also will be the direct line for interviews & the likes.

2 Likes

I made it into the interview phases for Fall 2019, but didnā€™t find a coder in time. So, if anybody wants to help me out and join my squad, and youā€™re interested in either racecars or skateboards, HMU. :wink:

GeorgeTheDev#2255

Hm, well I am sure 90% of the users here are looking for some coder to join in their team, but I am a builder myself and am quite interested in the program. So! If youā€™re out here looking for a builder I can share with you some of my work :slight_smile:

Discord: Evan (OneSetMind)#6031

If our chances for the program are well there are some living perks

Bonus Perks:
I can cook :smiley:
Cleaning would never be an issue
Constant Karaoke
Meme stash share
Daily over-energetic motivational quotes

The Team Leader is the main point of contact. They should make the final call on game design decisions. This isnā€™t to say game design shouldnā€™t be a team conversation, but ultimately a single decision must be made. If this doesnā€™t help your decision, I would entrust the Team Leader role to whoever enjoys organizing more.

3 Likes

Thanks for clarifying!

One more question - are we allowed to bring in a project weā€™ve previously been working on, or do we have to start a new project?

I think you can bring in an existing project. From what I heard at RDC, you propose your plan for a project to a supervisor and you get a red light or a green light depending on if the project is feasible given the time frame and if the idea is good and unique enough.

@RoughSphereBlox please correct me if Iā€™m wrong.

Hi everyone, Iā€™m Tom, 18 and from the United Kingdom, my online alias is HeadlessHorror, Iā€™m looking to attend as an accelerator this year and would love to hear from some other members and potentially find a team or partner to work with during this period. Iā€™m a 3d modeller and builder, I have skills in team leadership and game design/marketing. Iā€™ve been producing games online for just under 8 years and have been a part of many projects such as Mining Simulator, Undersiders and many other awesome games.

Iā€™ve linked a portfolio below of some of my recent work:

I also use my social media as a portfolio so you can take a look at some of my most recent UGC creations and/or work Iā€™ve shared online.
https://www.twitter.com/HeadlessHorror

EDIT: Iā€™ve since been reached out to multiple developers, Iā€™m pretty sure Iā€™ve found the person Iā€™d like to partner up with but if this changes Iā€™ll update this post, thanks!

4 Likes

Howdy Developers!

My name is Ted, Iā€™m an 18 year old living in Florida, and I absolutely love creating immersive User Interface and other ā€˜thingsā€™ in Photoshop and on Roblox. Iā€™m looking to see if anyone wants me to be apart of their team as an accelerator this year.

I have a passion for making games. This summer Iā€™ve worked on 3 games of my own, one that just did not launch just because I decided it would not be appropriate, another one that Iā€™ve launched with a friend of mine called Roblox Rap Battles, and Iā€™m currently working on a new game with the same person who I worked with for the last three games that weā€™ve created, hoping ideally to launch it within the next month or so I would say.

If you want to read more about me and my work, you can check my Portfolio out here: Ted | Digital Artist For Hire [UI/UX/GFX] - Public Collaboration / Public Portfolios - Roblox Developer Forum

Discord: Ted#9246
Twitter: @realteddavis
Roblox: https://www.roblox.com/users/17166501/profile

1 Like

Hi everyone,

Iā€™m a programmer looking for a builder to team up with. Iā€™ve created multiple successful games and various smaller projects. DM me on Discord at int#3780 and we can exchange work/portfolios to see if weā€™re a good match.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Hey everyone, my nameā€™s Matt. Iā€™m currently attending college as a computer science major and have been coding on Roblox for about 7 years now. Iā€™m looking for a team or a builder to group up with and attend the 2020 Spring Accelerator program. I do have a great idea for a game, but Iā€™m open to other ideas. If you are looking for a programmer you can contact me at:

Discord: Koach#0104

3 Likes

Hello,

Iā€™m a 27 year-old experienced developer and programmer. Iā€™ve made 5+ games on Roblox (no hits yet). Iā€™m looking for a builder to team up with for the accelerator, and maybe share living quarters with for the 3 months of the program.

Iā€™m interested in being the team leader, Iā€™m responsible and have been living on my own in Los Angeles for several years.

Iā€™m also intersted in leading the project, I have a game concept in mind Iā€™m already programming for, you would be building the buildings/shops/environment, and of course you would be helping to lead the direction of the gameplay and content.

I love making games, so Iā€™m looking to have some good times with somebody who wants to take a chance on the program and on my game concept.

DM me here or on Discord: shmoo#3289

2 Likes

Honestly, Iā€™m not 100% if Iā€™m going to participate yet, but I might as well post!

Iā€™m a Canadian who is one semester away from graduating university with a degree in Psychology and Computer Science.
I participated in the Accelerator program in Summer 2018, where I worked on Book of Monsters. As the leader of that project, I worked on most of what you see in the game; the scripting, UI, graphics, the monsters, some animations, and most of the design decisions.

Iā€™m not looking to join a team, I want to form my own as the team leader because I have experience and a fun game idea that involves monsters, food, and fighting.
Iā€™m looking for a partner who has experience with 3D modelling and building; but the more skills the better because I already have a lot on my plate.

Bonus points if I already know you!
Hit me up on Discord: barcode#2430

4 Likes

If anyone is interested in looking for a scripter/programmer for this, hit me up on Discord: Isosta#6977

Here is my professional portfolio: https://timdeeter.github.io/
This is what I use as my Roblox Portfolio: https://twitter.com/terabyterblx

Hello! I hope I am not too late here with 7-days left until the deadline.

Iā€™m Skoobi, or Ethan it doesnā€™t really matter. Iā€™m currently 17 but will be 18 in November and I am currently attending highschool in my senior year. Iā€™ve been scripting on Roblox for around 5 - 6 years I canā€™t really remember exactly when I started. I have had my ups and downs on the site and recently this year began going hard at developing games. Currently, I am working on a personal project called ā€œHeadbutt Simulatorā€ which is set to be released soon and has been super fun to develop! It has been my first serious game, I have invested a lot of money and time into it and I am ready to see where it goes! It feels great to create a game that you can play and be proud of and I would love to join others in recreating the same feeling! I am obviously looking for a team and/or partners who can help create a team to sign up.

You can view my work all over my profile. As of now, I am using a group called ā€œSkoobiā€™s Gamesā€ to work on Headbutt Simulator and any future games I create by myself.

This opportunity looks awesome and I want to learn so SO much more about scripting. If you are interested in inviting me to your team or want to partner up shoot me a DM on Discord or tweet at me -

Discord: Ethann#4988
Twitter: @SkoobiDoobiRBLX

1 Like

Hi everyone! Iā€™m Sunny, an animator and 3D artist thatā€™s been on the platform for nearly a decade! I recently graduated with a BFA in cinema animation and want to really take a crack at game animation. The Accelerator Program would be a wonderful opportunity to get some in-studio dev experience and to make some life-long friends (all while making a really cool game!) I made it to the interview portion of the Fall 2019 accelerator application, but unfortunately couldnā€™t continue because I couldnā€™t get a programmer in time. Iā€™m really hoping to hop on board a team for the Spring term!

[Skills] Animation, 3D modeling, clothing design, level design/building

Portfolio: [Closed] Sunnytamos | Animator, 3D Artist & Designer
sunnytamos.weebly.com

Discord- Sunny#1111
Twitter- @sunnytamos

Edit: My teammate and I are looking for an additional member! If you can build, UI Design, or have other creative talents, let me know ASAP!

1 Like

Greetings everyone! :canada:

I do Map design, 3D Modeling & Building, Iā€™m Canadian that hope to make game development my future. I am currently 18 with a huge passion for designing games and been designing for 4 - 5 years and this opportunity truly seems amazing so Iā€™m willing to do whatever it takes to dedicate and be accepted. Iā€™m looking to join a team.:smile:
Portfolio: XE17 Builder,Mesh,Maps,Models Portfolio (Updated)

Contact Info:
Discord: GOD#0841
Twitter: @XE17RBLX

2 Likes

If thereā€™s anyone still looking for a team, I just want to say that Iā€™d be interested in recruiting people to work with me on a game that Iā€™ve been planning to make for a while now. If a space oriented RTS sounds appealing to you, I encourage you to contact me! Iā€™ve recently started drafting the outline for this game and donā€™t want to pass up the chance of working on this as an accelerator for Roblox. I have a lot of experience programming but I would love to have a builder/3D modeler, GUI designer, and a SFX artist help bring this game to life.

Iā€™m currently a 2nd year Computer Science major at the University of South Carolina. If youā€™d like to see an example of my work, I co-created a game called Heroes vs Villains which was heavily inspired by the Heroes vs Villains gamemode in Battlefront 2.

Discord: TJ#4649
Twitter: @FrogNinjaX