[2D & 3D Design] Phantomazing's Portfolio

bannerFinalMaybe

txtAbout

Hey, I’m Phantomazing. I’m a graphic designer, 3D modeler, programmer; just an all around digital problem solver. I’ve been playing Roblox since 2010, and in 2011-2013 my thing was making retextures. I got six retextures published to the catalog, joined the Retexture Artist Official Channel, and served as the Herald in Retexturing Apprentices.

Fast forward to now, I’ve done plenty of awesome projects on and off Roblox. I picked up programming in 2016 and 3D modeling sometime in 2019. I use the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.), Substance (Designer, Painter, Alchemist), and Maya for a good chunk of my work.

I have cool things; check 'em out! There’s a mix of non-Roblox work in here too.

2D Work

Road Rage, a Team Fortress 2 War Paint

I made this sometime in late 2017 after TF2 announced they’d be doing weapon skins in the form of “War Paints”. This was made with a combination of Illustrator for tracing kill feed icons and road sign pictures, and and Photoshop for layout and other final touches. Models and auxiliary textures created by Valve Software.

Astral Chain ‘Anime Cops’ Parody Logo for Vinesauce

I made this last September for streamer Vinny Vinesauce. During his playthrough of Astral Chain, he’d facetiously refer to the game as “Anime Cops”. I parodied the game’s logo for his art showcase segment, and it later appeared in thumbnails for the playthrough on Vinesauce: The Full Sauce on YouTube. First appears in Part 6. Full thumbnails created by John Fullsauce.

Rowan University Memristor Satellite Logo

I’d say this is the coolest project I’ve ever done. I’m not a Rowan student, but someone I know was an engineering student there. Back in April 2018 he said he needed a logo for his group’s nanosatellite they were going to send to the International Space Station. It’s not on the nanosatellite itself, but the fact that I got to design a logo for such an impressive project stills amazes me to this day.

3D Work

Eyeball Monster for Games II

Right now working in a team for a semester-long game project. While I’m on UI duty, I was asked to model an eyeball with bat wings initially. Made in Maya, textured in Substance Painter, rendered in Maya.

Technician Goggles

The second they announced the UGC catalog, I went and made these in Maya. I feel like these Animation classes I took helped me better understand Maya, and I want to go back and remake this at some point. On its own, I still love how it came out and they’re still my most popular UGC concept. Feel free to check out this thread for more of my UGC concepts over the past months.

animatedbox

Box

Made this during the hard-surface modeling part of Animation II this past week. I hope the crustiness of the gif doesn’t take away from the lively dents and stuff. The textures are unceremoniously taken from a reference photo of an actual Amazon box. Made in Maya and a bit of Photoshop.

Other Work

My Published Retextures

These were made back in 2011-2013, back when I still used Paint.NET as my weapon of choice. Some of my first milestones in my design career; I’m still proud of them. I’d say I’ve improved quite a bit over those 8ish years.

The Banner for this Portfolio

MASH networks in Maya are fun! They let me make 150 Phantomazings with 1/150th of the effort. This was a good experiment with them and rendering in general. I could use these skills for thumbnails and game icons, I’m willing to give it a try.

Replace Textures Plugin

I’m minoring in computer science! I learned to love programming since high school, and I’ve done stuff with Java, JavaScript, C++, C#, and Lua as demonstrated here. I made this as a sort of proof of concept for a super find-and-replace plugin for Roblox Studio that I’ve been working on in my spare time.

Want to see more? Shoot me a message and I’ll show you my IRL portfolio.

I am available every day of the week after 3:30 PM EST. The whole pandemic’s thrown my schedule all over the place, but that’s usually when my classes end now.

My prices are negotiable; more work means higher cost. I’m comfortable taking payment in Robux or PayPal, but I much prefer Robux for now.

You can contact me here on the Developer Forum, or on my Twitter. We can talk using either platform, or Discord, whatever’s more comfortable with you.

It’s good to be back. Take care. :+1:

8 Likes

Wow! You have some very nice assets to showcase to people, best of luck trying to find work.

2 Likes

I really recommend Phantomazing’s work, he is extremely proficient in his work, as he got it done extremely quickly and at a low price. His work is also very high-quality!

I hired him for some group emblems, and they look omazing! (haha did you get the pun?)