2D scrolling results in camera pan

Camera movement in all Roblox games has become abnormal. I use an Apple Magic Mouse 2 which has a 2-dimensional scrolling feature. 2-dimensional scrolling tends to be a feature only on trackpads and so I’m assuming Roblox is thinking my mouse is a trackpad incorrectly resulting in irregular behavior in-game.

When I scroll in-game, I expect my camera to zoom in or out but that’s not what happens. In games now, scrolling my mouse pans the camera in whichever direction I scroll.

This becomes a serious issue in games, like Eclipsis, that rely on scrolling as a form of interaction in the game whether it be selecting a different weapon or rotating an object.

I believe this was introduced when trackpack gestures came out and has been mentioned by @gui110 here earlier today.

17 Likes

Thanks for the report. We’ll be rolling out a fix for Magic Mice in the coming weeks.

4 Likes

Thank you so much! :slight_smile:

Hello! For about the past month or two (since ROBLOX Launched the new trackpad features on mac) I’ve had an issue with zooming in/out using my mouse’s scroll wheel. Currently when I use my scroll wheel, my camera pans up or down.

Computer Specs:
39%20PM
I recently updated my computer to macOS Catalina from Mojave. I experienced this bug on both softwares.

I am using a wireless, bluetooth mouse sold by Logitech called the MX Master 2S.

I discovered that using a wired mouse with my computer behaved as expected: Using the scroll wheel zoomed the camera in/out. However when I went back to my wireless mac, and it immediately went back to panning.

I experience this in every game on the ROBLOX Client. When I utilize Roblox Studio however, the behavior is expected and my scroll wheel zooms the camera in/out.

Other users in the trackpad gestures announcement thread have experienced this issue with Apple’s Magic Mouse as well.

2 Likes

This is happening to me now. Using a Logitech g502 with sideways scrolling

1 Like

It’s been a while but the issue still hasn’t been resolved (perhaps it has returned). Scrolling in-game still continues to pan my camera and today I’ve witnessed other players saying something similar about scrolling.

6 Likes

Is there any update on when this will be fixed? To this day I still experience the issue and it is incredibly inconvenient.

1 Like

@subcritical Please fix this It is super hard to develop/play with a magic mouse because of this bug.

@Subcritical_alt I’m sorry for bothering you but this bug still hasn’t been fixed or mentioned and it is insanely annoying.

Wrong @subcritical :D

2 Likes

This issue still hasn’t been resolved. Using a M1 Macbook Pro with a MX Master mouse and the camera pans vertically when trying to scroll in and out. This issue is not present in studio or when play-testing, only in the Roblox player.

2 Likes

Still an issue with the MX Master series on mac, anyone found any work arounds for this problem?

1 Like

This is still an issue with a magic mouse, also logitech mx series. It’s been 4 years, maybe fix it? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It is 2024 and this is still occurring on the client but not in studio.

I have an M2 Macbook Air and a Logitech M720 Triathlon.

Truly surprised this is still an issue, 5 years after it was reported.

I am still experiencing this on my second work setup (Macbook + Magic Mouse 2). Hate working with this setup as playing doesn’t feel natural, coming from a primary Windows setup. The only way to zoom in/out is using the I/O button.

How can people on macOS live with this? :scream:

1 Like