Trackpad gestures!

It probably just takes some getting used to

1 Like

I agree with @SamsonXVI. I use my index and middle finger when using my trackpad and was able to change the zoom very easily prior to this update; using my thumb to pinch takes much longer. I’m fine with the new pan gesture but the zoom gesture feels awkward to me. Also, the camera pans when I scroll through the chat or the leaderboard which I’m sure wasn’t intended behavior.

7 Likes

Hello, is there a way I can disable this for me? I personally don’t like it and it gets annoying

12 Likes

Need a way to turn this off! I personally like the previous version, it was much easier to use… It takes way too long to zoom in and out, this matters especially in combat type games

(Mac user if that matters)

12 Likes

At the same time, I like it and hate it. I just hope there’s some way to disable the trackpad gestures because I always play FE2 (Flood Escape 2) in my free time, and with these, I’m getting bad at FE2. Also I’m a Mac user too since this usually happens from there.

3 Likes

I’ve noticed something, when using a touch mouse such as the Magic Mouse from Apple: There is no way to do a camera zoom as the scrolling up and down gesture is considered as moving two fingers on a track pad which basically does camera control.

6 Likes

I am very used to using two fingers along my trackpad to zoom in and out as an alternative for using “i” and “o”. I would love to see the ability to customize your trackpad gestures in games or turn them off!

5 Likes

This is very awesome! I use to play ROBLOX on a labtop, and I do remember how hard it was to play.

Is it possible to revert this change, or make this new system of two-finger-panning a separate option in the settings window? Having to pinch in and out, instead of swiping up and down with two fingers, for zooming in and out is so incredibly unintuitive. If you are playing an action game that demands fast camera movements to be able to see what is happening as it happens, having to reorient your hand in order to do the pinch gesture is frustratingly slow. The previous system of right click + drag for panning is a standard for almost all 3D applications, and I see no reason why it can’t be kept that way for Roblox.

8 Likes

How do I disable this?

I can’t scroll anymore, at all, and it’s ANNOYING.

11 Likes

So that’s it? That has to be the most annoying and unintuitive way ever. Thanks Roblox.

5 Likes

Is there a way to disable this? I’m so use to the old version of scrolling which I honestly like much more than this.

I love that it’s supported by a large chunk of the community but I would really like a way to revert to the old version too

7 Likes

Yeah, I can’t even scroll in GUIs anymore. Not because it pans the camera, but because smooth scrolling is scuffed. The slightest touch on my trackpad causes the scrollbar to jump around like it’s a rave. Not nice.

4 Likes

I massively second this.

The panning behavior presents a convenient alternative to the past behavior, however that should not negatively contribute to the zooming procedure. When scanning the original thread, this change seemed to me like a flawless one. However, this awkward function contrasts to what I have adapted to; I’d prefer this change reverted.

Keys such as I and O to function is not a dynamic substitute. This post may sound dramatic, but this behavior really sucks.

8 Likes

Is there a way to disable this on the client, it can be very annoying in certain games!

6 Likes

It was good for windows but macs had most of these features by default

2 Likes

I normally expect to scroll in order to zoom in/out, the pinch thing is near impossible to do with paws.

4 Likes

This is VERY helpful to people that don’t have USB Mouses or some other sort of mouses that you can connect to laptop, it was very difficult playing Roblox on a laptop, no, maybe even painful (literally, if your trackpad is kinda broken and have to put a lot of pressure on your fingers that is) playing on a laptop, and so this is bringing more opportunities for players to play on their devices, thanks for this feature, now Roblox is making their way onto more devices with more accessibility!

I hate “Accessibility” features with no option to disable them.

They should add an “Accessibility” option to disable this.

6 Likes

Can you send examples of the games where this is an issue, and what the issues are? Thanks.