3 realistic showcases

I have released 3 more showcases to my profile for this summer!

Previews

studio image of complex

studio image of Industrial living room

studio image of bedroom

to see more future content from me and to stay up to date follow me on twitter!

88 Likes

This is insane. I mean, you already knew that, but figured I’d say it anyways.

I think what really makes your showcases stand apart isn’t necessarily the smart use of lighting – it’s the texturing and modeling. Not sure how much of this you do yourself vs. buy or get open-source, but it definitely looks like you’re taking advantage of what Roblox has to offer by implementing methods used in more advanced programs (like Blender) with texture layering and custom modeling.

But, obviously, the lighting is pretty sick too. :wink:

4 Likes

thank you!! in these scene all the textures are free online apart from the shadows and fake light textured made by me, however in unreleased projects I’m now texturing all my models too in substance painter which new but has made my builds a lot better; however, I’m very happy with these three places

2 Likes

Yeah, I just joined one of the games, and you can definitely tell the textures weren’t specifically made for this, but they look really good overall! The one thing I want to learn how to do is that custom gradient lighting, haha.

Edit: if you’re willing to share, where do you source your free textures from?

One thing I wish Roblox would enable in the future is texture rotation. You can see below that you had some problems when you rotated the part with the grunge texture now going sideways, which obviously isn’t how that works IRL haha.

1 Like

How?! Tell me, please! Any tips, tricks on how to make something look this amazing?!

5 Likes

most of my textures are from textures.com and yeah I could’ve easily fixed the uv map of that in blender but its not that major

4 Likes

I made a post about lighting here that could help

1 Like

Thanks! And very true. Just something that I think that they should have since they’re rolling out all these other texture features.

1 Like

They all look great but I got a question can you please tell me how did you achieved this polished reflecting surface?

7 Likes

its just ice and a texture ontop

5 Likes

you really got a lot of tricks lol

1 Like

It’s phenomenal! I love the models and lighting’s. And what’s so exciting is Roblox releasing PBR maps and reflection which would add more realism into play.

Question, how are the pillows and blanket really well detailed without exceeding over 10k triangles?

1 Like

I’ve already found a way to emulate PBR materials but im excited for it for sure! as for the bed the blanket and pillows are only 4k tris each. i think its because I didn’t apply the sub surf modifier because it got too smooth for my liking? idk its not that detailed (the mesh) in all honesty

2 Likes

Are you using baked lighting feature of substance painter to emulate PBR materials?

1 Like

nope still using decals :eyes:

1 Like

Oh wow I didn’t expect the triangle count to be that low, did you use any modifiers, sculpting or physics for the blanket details?

1 Like

yeah most of it was sculpting :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Alright, good to know this stuff thanks! :smiley:

1 Like

Wow. You never fail to impress. Keep up the good work!

1 Like

This is incredible work. I am actually in awe. Not only are they incredible builds filled with incredible models, but they’re scenes as well. Through the use of textures and lighting you’ve transformed what was virtually created into a reflection of the real world.

If you have any tips for me I’d love to hear em.

You are amazing, keep it going!

2 Likes