[$3000+ USD] [HIRING] Graphic Designers: Weapon Skins

Hello developers. My name is Nikilis and I’m the developer for Murder Mystery 2. I’m looking for people who can design skins for our in-game weapons!

Overview

In Murder Mystery 2, players can collect different skins for their knife and gun. These skins are created as 2D texture files to be applied to the 3D weapon model, also known as “retexturing”. Here is our “Default” knife and gun that would be retextured:

DefaultKnifePng

Here are some examples of knife “skins”:

DefaultKnifePng

Skill Set

What we need is for the 2D file to be uploaded as a decal, and applied as a texture to the knife mesh. There are many different ways to texture the knife, the most simple way is to take the original texture and edit/draw on top of it using a program such as Photoshop. This is what the texture looks like:

DefaultKnifePng

Some of our more advanced artists like to texture in a 3D environment such as Photoshop 3D or Blender. If you’d prefer to do that, I can provide the obj file for the knife. You can even change the UV map if you’d like as long as the 3D model remains exactly the same.

Examples

Each skin has a name and rarity that both relate directly to the design of the skin. The rarities are as follows:

Common
Basic designs, using less popular/“cool” colors
Example:
DefaultKnifePng

Uncommon
Upgraded designs with more texture than common.
Example:
DefaultKnifePng

Rare
This is when the designs become very desirable, with popular colorful designs.
Example:
DefaultKnifePng

Legendary
Reserved for the best skins. These can actually still be simple, but have to have an “epic”/cool factor, generally using the most popular colors (black, bright red/blue/green/purple)
Example (the skins provided in the overview are also Legendary):

DefaultKnifePng

Quality Requirements

We’re looking to upgrade our quality. Therefore, these example skins should be used as inspiration but with the expectation to be improved on. We want all the skins to be hand made and illustrated, rather than random textures slapped onto a the default skin. Also, we are aiming to maintain a 2:1 ratio of knives:guns.

Job Details

We would like to collect a few people who are able to continually provide skins as needed as a contractor/freelancer type job. We do not expect work full-time, but we expect you to be able to work at a reasonable pace when you opt-in to certain projects. Depending on how good you are a more permanent position could be negotiated. Being able to come up with skin ideas on your own is a huge bonus as well.

Payment

Payment amount varies per skin, ranging from $20 to $200 (or more) USD depending on quality, time spent, current project requirements, etc through PayPal. A single completed project with a larger amount of skins could potentially equal a few thousand dollars. Equivalent Robux payment also possible.

Contact / Apply

You can apply by messaging me here on the Dev Forum, or by emailing me at: apply@nstud.io

Include examples of graphic design work you’ve done, specifically texture work you’ve done for other weapons.

54 Likes

This will be a great opportunity for many developers to be able to work with a Roblox Legend, getting to know people a little better, and likely will be recommended for other big projects.

Sadly, I don’t do textures that much, so I will have to bow out of this. I will be on the lookout for your next call, though!

7 Likes

Sent a few knives I’ve mocked up

1 Like

Great! I’m looking for as many people as possible by the way!

6 Likes

Id be able to do some of these. Just not on mass scale. Message me if you wanted me to do a few for free though. I’d be happy to help!

Sent some weapon skins in messages. Hope you like them.

1 Like

our team, the skin committee, sent some skins through email. I hope you enjoy them!

1 Like

We’re still looking for a few more designers!

5 Likes

Please check my dm on devforum

Interesting, i’ll give it a try. Is it just knives you need or guns too?

I’m looking for both, with a higher ratio of knives.

2 Likes

I dmed you with some pictures of my previous work.

I sent you a DM & an email containing some renders of some textures i made! :slight_smile:

I dmed you regarding this job. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sent some knife mock-ups on Twitter. Anyone got the mesh for the revolver? I wanna try making one.

I got it, reply with your discord i’ll send it! (:

1 Like

This sounds extremely fun. I’m pretty good in photoshop. If you need any more examples of my work you can message me on discord @ Galaxy#7216. I have also listed some GFX work below.

groundcontrol2

![creationuniverse|375x500] tophat

3 Likes

I’m specifically looking for hand-created skins. The majority of examples I’ve been sent are skins made with textures from Google Images.

5 Likes

Hey Nik! I’m into designing original hand coloured meshes, I’ve sent a request on discord, I can send you some ideas I have as well as my design process, I work at a continual pace and always make sure to use my own assets. I look forward to seeing how this progresses!

1 Like

Hey, I was just curious since I looked yesterday and couldn’t find anything if there was a gun texture I could use to see if I can make a good gun for you. If it’s somewhere else and I didn’t see it that’s alright and I’d like to know where I can find it, thanks!