3D Item Accessories Not Forming To NPC's Body

This has been stressing me out, so I’m going to ask here as googling anything related to this subject, nothing seems to show up.

I’m using Load Catalog Items, and importing catalog items. I’m making NPC’s that will wear 3d anime clothing. I plan on designing the clothing myself but first I wanted to import items from the catalog so I can see how I’m supposed to set it up.

However it doesn’t form the NPC, But it does work when I play my game and copy what my character is wearing and place that onto the NPC.
I’m not sure why as the items are loaded as accessories, so a solution would be so very helpful.

As you can see the robe is just sitting in the center instead of forming around correctly, but the wings on the right one attached properly because they were taken directly from my character and pasted into the rig.

Does anyone know of any good guides on how to customize NPC’s with armor? Even once I get this figured out I’m still not sure how I’ll turn my 3D model into a working accessory to place on my NPC’s.

I Really really just want to create 3d clothing/armor etc that I can attach to my Npc’s and the sleeves move with them etc just like UGC items would on our characters. However it seems when you get to more advanced things with Roblox, it’s nearly impossible to find an answer unless you ask the Dev Forum.

2 Likes

What happens when you click play? Accessories kind of snap onto the character they’re in when the game starts.

1 Like

it just stays the same as the picture :confused:

1 Like

@wakingsleep
Check if the parts are anchored or Welded Onto something it shouldn’t be

2 Likes

They weren’t anchored however there is an accessory weld. Is it possible that the “Load Catalog Items” as well as other catalog loaders are somehow messing with the attachment settings?
04b90d59365c08dce53546711a4c931b

It’s very strange that when I take equipment directly off of myself in game and then paste it into the Dogu15 rig it works perfectly.

(also thank you for helping :smiley: )

@wakingsleep

It shouldn’t be messing with the attachments, if you are creating a NPC, you can add a Motor6D to it. From there it will be welded onto the rig and can be animated along with it.

If this help’s let me know.

1 Like

Strange. Also I’m sure Motor6D will help a lot for the armor I’m going to model, I’ve worked with it a bit before so that makes sense as the solution.
However a lot of the Catalog items aren’t really modeled around an R15 model, somehow they morph and form around it, so that wouldn’t really work as a solution for the problem in the pictures :confused:

At the end of the day though, if no one knows why this is happening that’s fine. I’ll really just avoid UGC then, as I already kind of planned on it unless I was going to ask permission.

Hi, had the same problem. This is an old post, but I didn’t see a reply here so here is the answer - Dogu15 dummies are missing the cages normal rigs are supposed to have. You’d need to manually copy and paste them into each meshpart to make it work, but I’m going to do that for you and upload it in a second