[3D] Low poly crane

Hello!

So I’m currently working on a 3D crane model, i built it on roblox studios but also created a rendered version of it. Anyways, I wondering if there is anything else I could add to my 3D crane also some suggestions for the crane if you have any. Here are some screenshots of my 3D design.

8 Likes

First of all, looks fantastic!
I would personally bevel (Select face > ctrl + b > use scroll wheel) the body a bit just so it’s not so square. Totally up to you.

Would be nice to see your reference if you use one.
Keep up the good work!

1 Like

Looks really good. I am amazed that you made all of this in roblox studio. Keep up the good work! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This low poly model looks great! The colours you’ve used work very well together and I particularly like the detail on the tire threads. Here are a couple of my suggestions for possible further improvements.

Suggestions

While I like the detail on the tire threads, I feel like they’re a little bit too thin. Tire threads on diggers are usually quite wide in order to support and disperse the weight of the machine’s heavy components. I think increasing their width would help the model look more true to life.

Additionally, a lot of digger cabs are slightly angled at the front, as the concept art above has managed to capture. I think replicating something like this in your model would add more realism too.

Conclusion

Suggestions aside, I think you’ve done a great job with the model so far. As I’ve said before, I think your colouring of the model is great and I particularly like the detail on the tire threads. I can imagine a model like this fitting in perfectly in an excavation or construction game.

Keep up the good work!

5 Likes

Excellent work on the design and detail in the crane, I think this low poly model has effort put into this and could be a good example to help new 3D designers on what they should create as a beginner.

(Keep up the good work!)

2 Likes

Great! Really love the low poly crane. But looks a bit blocky and can make the edges a little bit smoother in my opinion. Other than that good job!

1 Like