3D modeling software?

Hi, recently I’ve gotten in to making Low Poly builds and what not, and I was kind of hoping to get a 3D modeling software to import better meshes for low poly from. I know a lot of people get blender, and that was my first idea, but apparently my computer doesn’t have a good enough graphics card for it. Does anyone have any suggestions for other free 3D modeling software? Do all softwares require a certain graphics card?

6 Likes

From personal experience as a modeler I suggest:

• Maya

• 3DS Max

• Blender

Those are the best for you.

5 Likes

Ok thanks, I’ll try those and see if they work for me.
EDIT: Btw could you add the links so I get the right site?

1 Like
2 Likes

Your computer doesn’t need a good graphics card to run 3d modelling software. I have a Dell Latitude laptop with the specs below, and it’s way more than enough to run blender and 3ds max.

(uses intel integrated graphics, not a card!)

You will be fine modelling on almost any computer, but renders may be a bit slow

1 Like

If you are a currently attending student, I would highly recommend diving into the professional standard Autodesk Maya/3ds Max.

You can get access to Autodesk’s entire student library for FREE if you’re a currently attending student. Just note that your license will expire when you are no longer attending a school.

If you want a long term, free, easier to learn open source program that’s constantly working towards surpassing the current industry standard software, the ever popular Blender is for you. (Note: If you like tracking your hours like me, you can download it via Steam.)

Good luck on your future endeavors, I look forward to seeing what you produce!

1 Like

Ok, I tried to reinstall blender again, but this is what came up.
My computer is windows 7, could that be part of the issue? Or do I actually just need a better graphics card? This is the same problem that came up when I tried installing it the first time.

Just out of curiosity, please send the specs of your core and graphics card

Um, I’m not a big computer person, how do I do that? Sorry if I just very dumb.

Control Panel > System and Security, and then

I am using Windows 7 but I don’t have a problem. In addition it says the problem is about your graphics card. I think you have to update it.

Also, do you know the name, of your graphics card so I could point you to the correct driver? If not, then the brand?

It clearly says to update the DRIVERS for the card, not the card itself. Blender does not require high end cards, and I’m pretty sure his is just fine, because computers without graphics cards run blender just fine.

No, I don’t know. Sorry.:confused:

Okay, I saw unsupported graphic card text and I said my opinion on that just to help. I can’t tell something really clear about computers because I don’t have that much knowledge about computers. Sorry for that.

Ok um, does any of the information here answer your question?

Try this to find you graphics card:
https://help.sketchup.com/en/sketchup/how-can-i-find-out-which-graphics-card-i-have-my-pc

You have a pretty good processor btw, it alone should run blender pretty well. If you find the name of the card, I can help you find the right drivers for it

Ok thanks, I never guessed my computer would have a good processor, it runs roblox games terribly lol.

The link you gave me doesn’t really seem to help. I’m pretty sure it only partains to the sketchup thing.
What does any of this mean?

No, its for windows in general

1. Start is the windows logo on the bottom left
  2. after you click it, find a program called “Run” in the menu
  3. there will be a space for you to write “dxdiag”, and then press enter/ok
  4. another windows will open, click the display tab on it
  5. send a screenshot of that