500 | Server Error + Human Verification Checks + Drafts going offline

This morning around 7:30AM - 8:00AM (AEST), the Developer Forum has randomly stopped functioning on and off and keeps taking me back to the Human Verification page that keeps constantly coming back preventing me from nearly doing anything on the Developer Forum.

Screenshot 2023-05-25 075945

Another strange occurrence this morning was an error message that suddenly appeared on my screen saying:

500 | Server Error: the server encountered a temporary error and could not complete your request. Please try again in 30 seconds.

But wait, this wasn’t the only thing that happening early this morning. Upon writing up topics and/or replies etc, it has been saying ‘Drafts offline’ every now and then preventing me and possibly others replying to post or even creating topics.

Screenshot 2023-05-25 080439

Device Specifications:

• Microsoft Windows 11
  • 8GB RAM
  • System Model: HP Pavilion
  • Processor: 11th Gen Intel (R) Core {TM} i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz

Hopefully this is fixed soon.

1 Like

Thanks for the report, this is related to a previous topic around how we protect ourselves from traffic spikes.

Thanks for the reply.

I checked the topic you sent a link to, but it doesn’t explain as to why there was a 500 | Server Error page and why drafts went offline. Is this because of the Humanoid Verification system or was it an actual bug that occurred?

There isn’t a server sided bug. If you are able to reload in a few minutes, then it should be working as intended.

We appreciate your patience!

My guess is that it is to prevent DDoS attacks. It will disconnect you from the server until you do “Human Verification”.

1 Like